Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 02-21-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
devon_129
Registered Member

Default M50 whats its ride like

Hi new to the forum. I've been riding for a year and a half was wondering could someone tell me there opinion about the 2009 M50 from suzuki. Any and all experiences would be helpful.
devon_129 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
MOKE1K
Registered Member

I think the c50 and the m50 are two of the lightest handeling bikes in there perspective class. I have sold more of these models of suzukis then
any other similar brand including Kawasaki, Yamaha, Honda. Even sold my mother in law one and she smoked a 1200cc Harley! Great power and light handeling are two things that jump out at you when you first ride the bike.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 02-22-2010 at 04:59 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
silentgrayfellow
Founding Member

They've been making the S50 basically in the same form since 1987 (used to be calld the Intruder 700/750/800). The M50 has essentially the same drivetrain. After over 20 years with this motor it should be pretty well sorted and with plenty of parts availability.

I haven't ridden the M50, but used to have a S50...not sure how they compare. The rear suspension is completely different.

Regarding the S50, it was fun to ride and had decent power, but the cornering clearance wasn't nearly enough, and the seat was only comfortable for about 50 miles of riding. I did a 300 mile day on it once and it about killed me. Seat problem can be cured in the aftermarket.

The only other problem I had was the transmission was a bit sticky/notchy. Overall, though, I enjoyed owning and riding the bike. The reason I sold it was I got tired of dragging parts every time I went around a corner, and also wanted something more tour-worthy.
silentgrayfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:12 PM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

One guy at work has the Marauder. Another bought the C50. They have the same engine but the C50 is huge compared to the Marauder. I'm not sure the size/weight gain is such a good idea. I'd go for the Vulcan 900 myself in that class. Nothing wrong with the C50 though. There are lots of upgrades for that engine.

Last edited by seruzawa : 02-23-2010 at 06:05 AM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:17 PM   #5
devon_129
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
One guy at work has the Marauder. Another bought the C50. They have the same engine but the C50 is huge compared to the Marauder. I'm not sure the size/weight gain is such a good idea. I'd go for the Vulcan 900 myself in that class. Nothing wrong with the C50 though. There are lots of upgrades for that engine.
Yeah I thought about a vulcan actually there was a 2006 I think someone was selling for 3800 near me. But I really want the 2009 M50 special edition I love the two tone paint job.

Last edited by seruzawa : 02-23-2010 at 06:16 AM.
devon_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #6
silentgrayfellow
Founding Member

The M50 should be a decent bike. Whether it suits you are not will really depend on your riding style. But as far as functionality and dependability, the M50 should be fine.
silentgrayfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #7
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool Can't judge a book by it's cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
You'd be surprised if you haven't rode both. The KawasKi actually feels heavier than the Suzuki. Although the C50 looks fat just remeber all those fenders are plastic. Iv sold a ton of these to women who wouldn't even sit on it because of how wide it looked. If they had the height they loved it. C50 and M50. Not to mention the power atributes.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:45 PM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
You'd be surprised if you haven't rode both. The KawasKi actually feels heavier than the Suzuki. Although the C50 looks fat just remeber all those fenders are plastic. Iv sold a ton of these to women who wouldn't even sit on it because of how wide it looked. If they had the height they loved it. C50 and M50. Not to mention the power atributes.
I'd take a Sportster over any of them. Soooo much more potential.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:51 PM   #9
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Seriously?,... The first time I laid eyes on that piece I about puked. After I rode one I realized what they meant by top heavy,but also accompanied by no power! I think the only potential it has it getting rocks kicked at its pretty (expensive) paint job from the rear tire of my mother inlaws M50!

Last edited by MOKE1K : 02-24-2010 at 09:59 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:14 AM   #10
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Seriously?,... The first time I laid eyes on that piece I about puked. After I rode one I realized what they meant by top heavy,but also accompanied by no power! I think the only potential it has it getting rocks kicked at its pretty (expensive) paint job from the rear tire of my mother inlaws M50!
No one believes for a second that an M50 smoked a 1200 Sportster. no one. Unless the Sporty's rider was sleeping or incompetent. Sell that crap elsewhere.