Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 02-25-2010, 07:49 AM   #11
MOKE1K
Registered Member

I'll prove it to you anytime you want to hook
it up, we've done it several times in the back of our shop. Where do you think all the low hp talk derives from.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2010, 07:58 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
I'll prove it to you anytime you want to hook
it up, we've done it several times in the back of our shop. Where do you think all the low hp talk derives from.
Even the dynos show the 883 giving the same hp as the m50. Similar weights. I've ridden a Marauder and an XLX and no way is that 803cc Suzuki motor going to stuff an XL1200. Whatcha smokin' this AM?
Old 02-25-2010, 08:19 AM   #13
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Stock for stock it's a done deal, the older VZ is just that, I seriously suggest you ride a newer model. My buddy that worked with us had a 1200 punched out to a 1300 and still couldn't catch me, then we switched bikes. I shortened the gap a little with me on the Harley but he still beat me. Drag racings all in the start anyway, depends on how well you can launch it off the line really.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:23 AM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Stock for stock it's a done deal, the older VZ is just that, I seriously suggest you ride a newer model. My buddy that worked with us had a 1200 punched out to a 1300 and still couldn't catch me, then we switched bikes. I shortened the gap a little with me on the Harley but he still beat me. Drag racings all in the start anyway, depends on how well you can launch it off the line really.
Still don't buy it.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:29 AM   #15
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Still don't buy it.
Me neither. I've ridden a few well tuned 883 turned 1200 Sportsters and they are damn quick, especially off the line and 1/4 mile. I broke 110 mph on one last year faster than you can say: "License Revoked."
Old 02-25-2010, 11:36 AM   #16
MOKE1K
Registered Member

No problem unless youve done it, I have. Thats ok though, no worries you can believe what cha like.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:10 PM   #17
clockdaddy
Registered Member

The M50 is considerably lighter than the C50 which weights in the neighborhood of 750 lbs.
I ride a Suzuki Intruder 1500LC (825 lbs). Thats the previous name of the C90. It is a heavy bike that's great for the highway, BUT if I wanted something for around town and occassionally on the highway, the M50 would be great.
Frankly, If I had the choice between the C90 and the C50, I'd choose the C50. It's more economical to operate but still cruises effortlessly at highway speeds.
The M50 is a smaller bike but idea for the beginner and most who aren't beginners.

CD
clockdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote