Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 01-15-2010, 06:16 AM   #1
gaudencio
Registered Member

Default first ride first bike, rouser 200

hi,
I am a first time rider, and is yet to ride a bike this week. I have ask how to operate an AC bike and I know how to ride it. My question is , should I go for a Rouser 200 which is a hand clutch type or just stick to the WAve 125. Though the later is cheap but the rouser is better looking and I may go with it for a longer time than the 125. Do you think I can easily learn this bike and still be safe on the road with it. is it heavy to handle since I am only 140 lbs, but I go the the gym and is used to lifting weights.
gaudencio is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2010, 08:17 AM   #2
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Unfortunately I don't think either of those bikes are availabe here in the US so I couldn't say from a personal perspective, however a 200 cc bike is a pretty good size to start out on and it's fairly easy to master clutching and shifting. I would say if you feel comfortable on the bike then you should be OK. Wear a helmet and gloves and try to practice your braking with the front brake as much as possible, stopping is much more important than going. Good Luck

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:46 AM   #3
gaudencio
Registered Member

hi, thanks for your input Sarnali2. I am also looking into the Honda cbr150. I'm yet still to decide though.

Last edited by gaudencio; 01-17-2010 at 05:48 AM.. Reason: wrong spelling
gaudencio is offline   Reply With Quote