Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 07-05-2009, 06:57 AM   #1
yman
Registered Member

Default looking to upgrade

Been riding for over 2yrs now & lookig to get off my yamaha & upgrade to a larger bike. Ride to work every day I can,never carry a passanger(just personal pref). Like to take couple hundred mile day trips every weekend i can, plan on longer trips when I get a bigger bike,but most of the time I will ride short 100-200mls. Looking at a Softtail Deluxe,Fatboy or a RoadKing Classic; I kinda like the Victory Kingpin but I wont rule out a Honda or Yamaha crusier. I am just not sure which bike will hold up the best & every new model seems to be "new and improved" which is how marketing sells new bikes, i get it. I just dont want to put out $$$ for a new bike & then 3yrs from now have the dealer tell me "oh that model always had that prob". What you say; anyone want to give any suggestions & why; pls fire away, thanks.
yman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2009, 07:50 AM   #2
newagetwotone
Registered Member

What do you have now...?
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:02 AM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Of the bikes you mentioned, I'd go with the Road King. Probably one of the best bikes in the world for everyday riding. Just ask the cops...90% of motorized cops in the US ride Kings. If you buy used, you'll avoid the depreciation; probably with a Stage 1 and other accessories on somebody else's dime. You can probably find a low-mileage Classic without too much looking.

BTW: although I mentioned cop bikes, don't buy one. They beat the crap out of their bikes...even with that, the Kings still go on for years.