Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 06-22-2009, 09:36 AM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"I was the one teaching him how to ride. I've only been riding since last October,..."

All I can say is 'WOW'. Incredible.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2009, 09:43 AM   #12
xTorvos
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
xTorvos -

If his 'expert' friend had told him to stay off the bike because his tires were shot, he'd be a lot less messed up, and would still have a rideable bike.

And, if he failed to negotiate a posted 30 mph corner at what you say was 35 - 40, I'll say it again, he was WAY over his head.

And, you're the one who took off in a 'S' bend while he was behind you. What would you expect a newb to do, other than try to keep up?

Nice job! You could've killed the guy.

I never said I was an expert. I just said that I'm not a squid. People on these forums automatically assume that if someone wrecks, there must be stupidity involved because it's not possible for someone to wreck when still trying to be safe...

Have you ever tryed to keep someone older than you off of a motorcycle when they have it in their mind that they WILL ride? He doesn't have a car. Good luck keeping him off the bike. You saw his post, he took off at night without tell me on day 2.

Secondly, we already went over the fact that he didn't fail to negotiate the turn, that turn has barely any lean angle at 40, but it's enough that you will go off the road if you don't lean at all. He leaned slowly until the point where he laid it down. Leaning just had no effect because of the shape of the tire.

It's good to see that people that have no idea what is involved in the entire situation can go on making assumptions and tell people what they did wrong.

Of course things could have been better, we could have waited an entire week before starting to practice, we could have saved up and gotten the best gear. Also, we could have never even gotten motorcycles in the first place. That's the safest thing to do right? While we're at it, let's just stop driving, because that's so dangerous.

He's not saying that he's mad or deeply regrets what happened--hell, he thought it was fun flying through the air--I just think it's dumb that people act like they know all the answers when they are hundreds of miles away, weren't there at the scene which is obviously more complicated than one can communicate on a forum, and don't know the mindset of the people involved.
xTorvos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:45 AM   #13
xTorvos
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"I was the one teaching him how to ride. I've only been riding since last October,..."

All I can say is 'WOW'. Incredible.
Good job at taking a quote and ripping it completely out of context...

Dee de dee!
xTorvos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:50 AM   #14
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTorvos View Post
Good job at taking a quote and ripping it completely out of context...

Dee de dee!
There is no other 'context' You aren't qualified to teach anyone about anything relating to motorcycles. Your only 'student' ended up on his ass sliding down the street. That is the only 'context' that counts. Do us all a favor and find someone that is qualified to teach next time.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:12 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

He already gave himself a break and he's damm lucky he came out okay. Too bad the guy who is "teaching" him how to ride didn't tell him not to ride on bald tires.

It was a cheap lesson, one most of us have learned. Way too thin skinned people here.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:17 AM   #16
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I like the new "Green" saddle they're installing on Ninjas these days. That looks like Bermuda; we'll need a St. Augustine version for Florida, otherwise you'd spend all your time watering the bike.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:23 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I like the new "Green" saddle they're installing on Ninjas these days. That looks like Bermuda; we'll need a St. Augustine version for Florida, otherwise you'd spend all your time watering the bike.
Ken's back! Did he manage to hang onto the house? Or is he living in his Mini now? enquiring minds want to know.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #18
Lil'Red99
Registered Member

Hmmmm.........
Moral of this story is take a MSF riding class before riding a bike with bald tires.
I'm begining to wonder who is more scary; bikers with bald tires being taught by "friends" or women auto drivers putting on make-up while texting.
Lil'Red99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:28 PM   #19
pushrod
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Man, don't you, like, read or anything!?

That's the new 'sod-dle.'

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:37 PM   #20
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Ken's back! Did he manage to hang onto the house? Or is he living in his Mini now? enquiring minds want to know.
Klazy Ken wasted $50 trying to win a BMW motorcycle at the Mirage. Luckily, gambling is the only addiction I missed out on. My pal who got married won $1,500 Monday night. His fiance had it all spent on new furniture...only to find the $1,500 and quite a bit more was gone by Thursday. My advice: only get married in Las Vegas if you meet the SO on the spot. Then get the divorce on the way out of town. It was fun trying to explain to the youngster what all those Mexican guys were handing out on the sidewalks. He arrived a 10 y/o and left age 21...