Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 01-19-2009, 06:45 AM   #11
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
Something else to remember. Don't listen to your friends, they're idiots and/or squids. If they ride with out helmets, ride with one anyways, same goes for all the other gear, don't be the "cool" guy in a wife beater, Bermuda shorts and flip-flops. Take the MSF course and if you can't spend atleast $1000 on gear (helmets, jackets, gloves, boots, armor ect) don't ride.

No one here is being B*tchy to be mean or to demean you. We all want to save you from the stupid things we've all done. Infact.... that tree still has my head-print in it.... If i wasn't wearing a helmet well...

Great advice, specially on the "not listening to your friends" part. If I had a nickel every time I heard this at my dealership,... I'am buying a bike today and it's my first bike ever, my friend told me not to get the 600 because I'll just get bored of it and want something bigger in 6-8 months.?

Last edited by BrowningBAR : 01-19-2009 at 07:09 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #12
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacheco View Post
Im 17 and im about to buy the 2008 Yamaha YZF-R1.
I have never rode a any kind of motor bike before.
Is buying this one to much for me to start with?
Klzy Ken says BUY THE R1! You do fine. Smaller bike stupid, you just be bored with it.

Please PM Klazy Ken your personal info. I get life insurance policy on you. I split the payoff with your next of kin. Promise.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #13
acecycleins
Founding Member

IF you buy that R1 your parents will be visiting your broke a$$ in the hospital if they're not burying you.
Get a Ninja 250 and learn properly or stay off bikes. If you read the newbie threads you will learn some things. If you listen to friends you will undoubtedly do something squidly within your few minutes and be a YOU TUBE celeberty well after your dead. Good luck to ya.........
Old 01-19-2009, 12:57 PM   #14
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Don't lissen to none O' these guys, pacheco - get the Manliest, rip-snortin'est, most-powerful-est bike you can get a 26.5%-APR Loan on, then hamfist the throttle on that beyotch to show 'er (and any bystanders) 'zackly WHO The Boss is.

Just be sure to do all this B4 U get ur 12-y-o GF knocked-up, to keep yer genepool well-chlorinated.

If a Man can't off hisself in the most-spectacular fashion possible, with a bloody, gruesome mess left in his wake for the EMT's and Firehose-jockey's to scrape off the back of a Swift Trucking 18-Wheeler; WTF's the use of buyin' anything at all?

Go Big, Or GO THE F' HOME!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 01-19-2009 at 03:48 PM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

Looks like we drove off another one. Maybe we could keep them here if we told them what they wanted to hear rather than the truth?

Lie: Dude! Excellent choice!

Instead of:

Hey man, one of those R1s isn't that good of a choice for even highly experienced riders unless you plan to do track days. You see the suspension is not designed for public roads and on rough tarmac you may be slower in the twisties than a more reasonably sprung bike. None of your friends even knew that right? See? There's a lot to learn. Get something more user friendly and get a few years experience and only then look at the high end Race Replicas. Not what you wanted to hear, was it? That's okay. Most of us aren't going to encourage you to off yourself. Motorcycling is serious business. If all you're looking for is thrills then take up skydiving. It's safer. And cheaper. And the insurance is less because IF you can find someone to insure you it's going to cost you in the order of $6K per year. If all you want to do is squirrel around doing stunts then do the rest of us a favor and find another hobby. We're sick of fighting draconian new laws aimed at stunters that end up reeling the rest of us in.

I guess that about covers it.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

They are still the safest bikes on the road. At least that is what I heard.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:50 PM   #17
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Yeah, but every time a Squidboy wads-up an un-insured R1/CBR1000RR/ZX-10/GSXR-1000 and goes and buys another one, it's good for the Economy...............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:36 AM   #18
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
They are still the safest bikes on the road. At least that is what I heard.
Compairitivly speaking they do stop quicker, accelerate faster, and handle better. In the right hands atleast.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:38 AM   #19
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Looks like we drove off another one. Maybe we could keep them here if we told them what they wanted to hear rather than the truth?
No you just have to be polite and sincere, hard I know.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:43 AM   #20
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Don't lissen to none O' these guys, pacheco - get the Manliest, rip-snortin'est, most-powerful-est bike you can get a 26.5%-APR Loan on, then hamfist the throttle on that beyotch to show 'er (and any bystanders) 'zackly WHO The Boss is.

Just be sure to do all this B4 U get ur 12-y-o GF knocked-up, to keep yer genepool well-chlorinated.

If a Man can't off hisself in the most-spectacular fashion possible, with a bloody, gruesome mess left in his wake for the EMT's and Firehose-jockey's to scrape off the back of a Swift Trucking 18-Wheeler; WTF's the use of buyin' anything at all?

Go Big, Or GO THE F' HOME!

N I C E,...