Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Knee Pucks

Old 08-06-2001, 08:21 AM   #1
panthercity
Founding Member

Default Re: Results From Suzuka

Hopefully, The Texas Tornado will take a truckload of those tires with him when he goes back to Wortld Superbike...
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2001, 08:38 AM   #2
S4_Daddio
Founding Member

Default testing the V5 GP bike..

I just read on amasuperbike.com that Edwards and Rossi will both get to test ride the new GP bike at Suzuka this week. Wouldn't you love to see a video of that?!
S4_Daddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 08:41 AM   #3
norton888
Founding Member

Default Re: testing the V5 GP bike..

yes please. It looks like Rossi has answered any questions there may have been about how he will adapt to next year's four stroke Honda GP bike. This guy can ride the wheels off anything it seems.
norton888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 09:31 AM   #4
MoMo
Founding Member

Hopefully the Texas Duststorm will win a race. I don't care what fancy new tires he's using, as long as he wins a damn race.
MoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 11:29 AM   #5
das
Founding Member

Congrats to Edwards, Rossi, and Honda. Winning this race is no mean feat, but...

Doesn't it seem like the deck was slightly stacked in Honda's favor here? Honda seems to have brought in everyone they could think of from WSB or GP, while the other factories brought in just a couple "ringers".
das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 01:06 AM   #6
BobbyDazzler
Founding Member

I don't know why Ducati don't get in there and give it a serious go just to upset the Japanese. I'm sure a Bostrom/Hogson bike would sure make it interesting. Especially the way those guys are riding at the moment. Suzuki could have done a Kenny Roberts/Matt Maladin Team..now that would be worth watching.
BobbyDazzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 04:39 AM   #7
smithsonmi
Founding Member

Recently it seems the manufacturers are focusing on their respective racing series and not doing the one off races like the 8 hr or Daytona. Of course, scheduling a WSB race the same weekend as Daytona doesn't help.

smithsonmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 05:18 AM   #8
evilgenius
Founding Member

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see the Ducati combination of Bostrom/Bayliss or any Ducati entry in the 8-Hour, but I don't think the Ducks can withstand the rigors of 8-Hours.

I'm not sure if Ducati has ever been involved in an endurance style race and lasted the entire race (l'm aware that they have finished Daytona, but anything longer than that)? Maybe someone out there can correct me...
evilgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2001, 02:40 AM   #9
torkmonster
Founding Member

You're right.

A Ducati lasting that long would have to pretty well detuned out of competition.

The Daytona race is only 200 miles where as the Suzuka 8 hours is over 750 miles.

This year was one of Ducatis best results at Daytona too. Usually they break down there.
torkmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2001, 06:30 AM   #10
blademan
Founding Member

Edwards tested faster than Rossi or any other factory Honda Rider @ Suzuka on the RC211V.

Maybe he will change his mind. I know for a fact that he wants another WSB championship before making the switch. Maybe his test on the new bike will sway his decision. A Duck in an endurance race, that is funny. The Duck is an outstanding bike but currently couldn't handle the punishment. I've never known A Duck rider to use the bike everyday. It's more of a weekend bike than a daily ride. This correlates to racing. The earlier posts are correct about it having a hard time at Daytona. The Japanese do it better.
blademan is offline   Reply With Quote