Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Knee Pucks

Old 04-09-2001, 10:48 AM   #1
hindle
Founding Member

Default Re: Ankle Fracture will Cause Mladin to Miss Atlanta Test

I bet, while most won't admit it, that some of the other AMA championship hopefulls were happy for a minute!

Although a true competitor would want to take the championship away from Matt and not win it while he is down and out.

I do think that is the only way anyone will win it is if he gets hurt. One way or the other I think it will take some bad luck on Matt's part to remove the number 1 plate from that GSXR.
hindle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2001, 11:10 AM   #2
gerrygrande
Founding Member

So what kind of dirt bike does Mat ride anyway? Is he brand loyal? Did Suzuki give him this bike or did he have to buy his own? Come on, get specific. Who's responsible for this mishap?
gerrygrande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 11:45 AM   #3
gizmop
Founding Member

I'll bet Suzuki gives Mat any damn bike he wants! He probably rides an RM250, being an ex-motocross champ from Australia.
gizmop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 03:45 AM   #4
hamatsu
Founding Member

Default Re: Mladin Fractures Ankle

I have it on good authority that Mat was riding a 1978 Harley-Davidson Baja 100 when he crashed. It was a present from Willie G. to Mat for winning another Daytona 200. Evidently, it just exploded at the first corner he came to and spit him off like a booger being flicked off a finger. Australian authorities are investigating.
hamatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 12:09 PM   #5
ulhpilot
Registered Member

Duh! You think anyone could beat Mick D if he hadn't crashed and had to quit? Or Foggy? Or any of the other countless racers that had to pack it in due to injuries? That's the way it is. Someone gets old or injured and someone takes their place.
ulhpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2001, 10:59 PM   #6
BammBamm
Founding Member

Default Re: Mladin Fractures Ankle

He just hurt his leg sticking it so far up everyone else's a*s at Daytona. Australians are good to go with one leg, just ask Doohan.

Hopalong Mladin
BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote