Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Knee Pucks

Old 01-29-2007, 07:31 AM   #21
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Electric Sportbike.

Yet another person the liar calls a liar.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2007, 07:33 AM   #22
ksquid
Banned

I will I am struggling with the explanation. i.e. there is a foundation of math that must be laid in order for someone to understand it. Basically its a mathematical transform used to transform equations in the time domain (where time is the independent variable) to the frequency domain ( where frequency is the independent variable). It simplifies a differential equation into an algebraic equation. The La Place is used for continuous i.e analog signals and its counter part the Z-transform is used for digital signals.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:46 AM   #23
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Close enough.

I don't know how to utilize it, but know enough about it to see that you're not BS'n me on this on.

Thank You.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:49 AM   #24
seruzawa
The Toad

Is that what he said? I don't read any of his dorky responses.

There are two types of engineeer. First is the kind who rolls up his sleeves and applies theory to practical application (the classic definition).

There's another class who just sit behind desks and generate paper. These excel at office politics and usually end up in management to escape from the scrutiny of having to do something useful. This is where you hear idiots throwing out terms like "Laplace" or "Thevenin".

It's pointless to debate this crap on the Internet since even the most incompetent engineer can dig around on his own and invent an answer that looks good.

You get to decide who is who.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:53 AM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

"In actual physical systems the Laplace transform is often interpreted as a transformation from the time-domain point of view, in which inputs and outputs are understood as functions of time, to the frequency-domain point of view"

Direct from Wikipedia. Took him a while to reword it.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:13 AM   #26
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Well, mainly I didn't want to have to go through the pain of "checking his work", so he got a 'Bye.

Yes, I'm that poor at Math. If he started dumping equations out left and right, I'd end up so contorted attempting to solve for them, I'd get nothing done the rest of the day.

(I know, I know - that's what a graphing calculator is for. Sue Me)
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:20 AM   #27
ksquid
Banned

Are you saying that the Thevenin equivalent circuit technique is useless or the LaPlace transform is useless? You must be a very ignorant tech to even suggest that i.e. can't design and build. Where did you get your "engineering" degrees? and in what specialty?
Old 01-29-2007, 09:22 AM   #28
ksquid
Banned

Modern electronics analysis and design would be very painful if it was for the the LaPlace transform.. I am surprised seruzawa is so against it.. He must be a bad tech.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:38 AM   #29
ksquid
Banned

Default correction

Modern electronics analysis and design would be very painful if it was not for the the LaPlace transform and the Thevinin equivalent circuit.. I am surprised seruzawa is so against it.. He must be a bad/ignorant tech.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:03 AM   #30
wwalkersd
Founding Member

Maybe I'm just too old, but after watching the video this seems to me to be a bike that only a technogeek could love. Heck, I AM a technogeek, and I don't love it. Where's the involvement? No gears to shift, annoying whiny sound, and performance will drop off as the batteries discharge (one of the worst features of electric vehicles, IMHO, and it would be especially so on a bike. Dangerous in some situations).

Until they can solve the problem of decreasing performance and shorten the recharge time to something approximating the time required to refuel an internal combustion vehicle, electric-only vehicles have a very limited application.
wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote