Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Knee Pucks

Old 01-08-2007, 08:32 AM   #1
ymsamhi
Registered Member

Default Re: New Florida law will require Motorcycle Safety Course

I wish they would of mentioned who will pay for the course. When I took the MSF it was well over a hundred bucks, I think it is over 200 now. It would be nice if they would inact something to deal with all the old farts driving 45' long RV/buses instead.
ymsamhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2007, 08:41 AM   #2
mikenomad
Founding Member

Default Re: Pay Now or Pay Later

It's a case of pay now or pay later. I started riding long before any kind of rider training was available. When I finally had a chance to take the MSF Experienced Rider Course, I still learned some new and useful things, and I considered it money well spent.

You can learn a lot of things from the shared wisdom of others that will save you the expense of learning it the hard way.

If taking an MSF course saves you from one crash, it has paid for itself.
mikenomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:54 AM   #3
gbrummett
Founding Member

[b]

Florida is on a roll....
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:23 AM   #4
Mooner
Founding Member

No offense, but last time I bought a motorcycle, paid insurance, bought a helmet, bought a jacket, bought a slipon exhaust, bought a squidly undertail/fender eliminator, bought tires, bought an Aerostich, bought a new chrome whatchamajiggy, bought a matching set of his and hers arm chaps, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...

...It cost me more than $200!

Motorcycling is not something that we do to save money. (flame me about gas prices and I will still argue this point until the cows come home)

Consider the cost of training a worthwhile investment and the cost to get in the door. There are plenty of things that people spend more money on that are much more expensive
Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:25 AM   #5
schizuki
Founding Member

I haven't seen this much coverage of Florida since the last episode of Cops.

One post prolly could have covered all three...

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:32 AM   #6
Alaskan18724
Founding Member

Florida reimburses the provider of the course a portion of the cost, but most of the cost is born by the rider. I guess it's sort of similar to taking a driver education class from one of the private driver ed companies.
Alaskan18724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:34 AM   #7
findangle
Founding Member

I just looked into taking the MSF in the orlando area. $199 and well worth it. Despite my personal misgivings about excessive legislation This probably will turn the death toll in a slightly more positive direction.
findangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:37 AM   #8
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Posting all three in the same thread would fly in the face of Kp's compartmentalized universe.
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:11 AM   #9
BillyO
Registered Member

Wow, now one will have to be somewhat proficient to buy/ride a 190 mile/hour vehicle.

Next thing you know. pilots will need training, to.. How unfair.
BillyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:16 AM   #10
ksquid
Banned

Actually there was one other article posted they haven't posted which was my favrorite It was Triumph's announcement of increase in world wide sales. Last week they announced U.S. sales. The source of the world wide sales increase (younger buyers) proves the GMP right again so that is probably why they won't post it. zawa, longride etc has been complaining again to Gabe...Don't know how many posts by kpaul the GPTB can handle apparently they are complaining again. Yet they Kook bash multiple times, mutiple ways, multiple threads by multiple GPTB members. I promised Gabe to bow out on when Kook bashing starts up.. Life ain't fair for the GMP.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote