Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Knee Pucks

Old 01-08-2007, 03:58 PM   #51
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Never doubt the integrity of the GMP ( press release) yes the GMP is right again

Nailed what?
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2007, 04:04 PM   #52
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: New Florida law will require Motorcycle Safety Course

You talkin 'bout a new iPod Nano?

Ooooh, that IS a tough call. Lemme ponder......
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:00 AM   #53
seruzawa
The Toad

Well, the score so far for dyckweed is 9 posts out of 52. A bit down from that 12 out of 36 thread where he promised he was done at post 4.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:06 AM   #54
seruzawa
The Toad

The legislature passes a law. The governor signs it. Naturally the legislature is absolved of all responsibility. Only the governor is to blame.

This is as stupid as blaming Reagan entirely for the deficits of the 80s. It shows a complete lack of understanding of our constitutional system of checks and balances.

It makes life easier for those with limited intellects, though.

Don't forget that the Bush brothers are also responsible for floods, hurricanes, earthquakes and global warming.... on Mars!
Old 01-09-2007, 02:37 AM   #55
HNH750
Founding Member

Like it or not the village idiots have spoiled it for the rest of us so get ready for the crackdown. I guess if we look to our winged brothers in the sky and how the certification process works maybe some new rules might clean things up. If you have to spend thousands of dollars on a private pilots license then you are not going to perform a stupid barn storming flight just to lose it. Make the motorcycle license something special to obtain and people will respect the sport a little more. Please don't give me "It's my right to drive anything I want and how I want to." When your dumb A$$ causes my insurance rates to go up then we all lose our rights.
HNH750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 03:13 AM   #56
seruzawa
The Toad

What is really interesting is that Europe, where everyone is so much smarter and where licenses for all require more training, has 130,000 fatalities for 462 million people while the USA, where we are all stupid and can't drive, has 42,000 fatalities for 300 million people.

I guess that all that training and restriction doesn't do diddly squat.

Old 01-09-2007, 04:41 AM   #57
ymsamhi
Founding Member

Thats not that interesting

The Europeans 462 million people are cramed into 1,674,444 sq miles. The U.S. population is spread over 9,161,923 sq miles.

These two situations are not really compairable. Yes, you are more likely to die or get an accident in a densely populated european city than in the middle of kansas. The German or British countryside is more akin to the outer suburbs of a large American City.
ymsamhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:01 AM   #58
dorkboy
Founding Member

Colorado has basically accomplished the same thing by making it almost impossible to get an appointment to take the "road" (it's in a parking lot) test required for a motorcycle endorsement, while allowing proof of completion of the MSF course to substitute for that portion of the test. I suppose that if they consider a five minute test given in a parking lot strewn with cones a sufficient test of riding skill, then the MSF course is a reasonable substitute. The MSF are marketing geniuses. If you can convince the gummint to make your product mandatory, riches await. The article doesn't say but I wonder if Florida mandates that the safety course be the MSF course, as Colorado does.
dorkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:39 AM   #59
seruzawa
The Toad

Maybe, but shouldn't the superior licensing policies and the innate cultural superiority of the Europeans coupled with the better visibility while driving afforded by the lofy heights from which the Europeans look down their noses at everyone else make up for the population density difference? After all most of the USA's population of unsophisticated riffraff lives in urban centers too.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:57 AM   #60
staff
Founding Member

Default Sources, Please

Where did your data come from? And is it including Russia, Poland, Yugoslavia, Turkey and other countries where things might be a little more fast and loose, with horrible ex-Soviet cars and busses? And let's stick to the point; what about the rate of motorcycle fatalities?

If that's how you make your conclusions I am glad you're not my broker.

-Gabe
staff is offline   Reply With Quote