Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Knee Pucks

Old 01-08-2007, 12:25 PM   #21
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: New Florida law will require Motorcycle Safety Course

Yes, you are so spot-on GMP. Triumph is the largest manufacturer of V-4 Sportbikes in the World................
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2007, 12:26 PM   #22
acecycleins
Founding Member

Try this one on: The US Dept of Ed. should be disbanded and the education system should be operated by the State or privatized institution- Period. Without competition in education how do we excel? Healthcare run by Gov't is Socialized medicine and at best should be ILLEGAL. Child care- Not the state or the Feds responsibility- You can't afford the child care, you can't afford the child- move on. Elderly- the RICHEST population in the US based on per capita income. Stop the Handouts for the "give me" generation. Living wage- Fvck that. Free market- earn what you're worth. If your skills suck to bad. Vacation pay- between you and your employer- if it's not in the agreement tough nuggies "und so weiter".
Old 01-08-2007, 12:32 PM   #23
acecycleins
Founding Member

If you continue with rider's education, you will most certainly get a break on the insurance. Almost EVERY company that write motorcycle policies in this country give it. ASK.

We, Americans, are stuck in a situation where the DMVS of every state are using licensing procedures that are decades old. The reason policy makers don't fix them is because somewhere, somehow it will loose them votes. And so it goes........
Old 01-08-2007, 12:35 PM   #24
schizuki
Founding Member

I couldn't find anything in the press release that said anything about "younger buyers." As for the bikes:

"The launch in early 2006 of the award-winning Daytona 675 supersports bike and the unique, 50Â’s-inspired Triumph Scrambler have both contributed to TriumphÂ’s strong sales performance.

"Tue Mantoni, Commercial Director, says, "New models are extremely important to driving growth and we are very pleased with the reception of both the Daytona 675 and Scrambler, and the recently launched all-new Triumph Tiger. In addition, it has been great to see demand continuing to increase across the rest of our range, with models like the Rocket III, Speed Triple and our retro-styled modern classics appealing strongly."

Of the six bikes they mention, one is a cruiser and two are retro bikes. Then you have the Tiger, which I don't believe slews young. That leaves two models, the 675 and Speed Triple, which can be said to have "youth appeal" according to you. And again, nowhere do I see mentioned growth with younger buyers.

Perhaps the reason it wasn't accepted as a news item is that it contains more unsupported opinion than news.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:45 PM   #25
ksquid
Banned

Default Wrong Course

Nope I'll see if I can find it.. That wasn't it...
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:52 PM   #26
ksquid
Banned

Default Never doubt the integrity of the GMP ( press release) yes the GMP is right again

"Together with TriumphÂ’s focus on distinctive stylish design, it has attracted a significant number of younger customers. TriumphÂ’s global customer research shows that over the last few years the proportion of customers aged under 35 years, buying a new Triumph, has more than doubled. This customer segment now represents almost a quarter of all TriumphÂ’s customers."

Prehaps I have better search engines, alerts etc than you read more here

Also this also prove seruzawa wrong i.e. he said Buell sold more motorcycles than Triumph..
Old 01-08-2007, 01:06 PM   #27
ksquid
Banned

Agreed Excellent Point
Old 01-08-2007, 01:10 PM   #28
ksquid
Banned

orcyclist You nailed it.... you make a lot of sense.. "Oh, I forgot, it's America, land of the free and home of the stupid and home of the AMA. A really first class bunch of morons that campaigns against rational safety measures. Remember Florida still has no helmet law." Well said..You have my vote for AMA president and when can you start. P.S. I agree with you about the pilot thing I have 20 hours of pilot training from a long time ago. My goal is to start again.. I see the same similarities.. Also you may be to intelligent for this forum.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:11 PM   #29
SquireJim
Founding Member

Who thinks this is unfair? Certainly not responsible riders who actually care about being good at what they (we) do on a bike! We all took Drivers' Ed. in HS, and had to get a learners' permit before a license...So why should we be surprised when we see that Florida, a state where way too many biking deaths have occurred in the pasy few years, should want to try and do something to change that trend? Why is it that we (as a group) can more easily justify $1000 worth of chrome and "doo-dads" before we can justify the purchase of a good helmet and some professional instruction? GIMME A BREAK! Do any of us think that twe have NOTHING to gain from a few days of learning to be better motorcyclists? Maybe you'd rather stay home and clean the gutters for the "little woman"?
SquireJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:12 PM   #30
ksquid
Banned

Excellent Post... Careful the GPTB will try to pound those logical thoughts out of your mind.. If they ask you how you feel about ksquid/kpaul, say he is an idiot.... That way your cover won't be blown..

kpaul