Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Knee Pucks (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/knee-pucks/)
-   -   North-Georgia Mountain Roads a BIG Problem! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/knee-pucks/4053-north-georgia-mountain-roads-big-problem.html)

ksquid 11-04-2006 06:01 PM

Re: North-Georgia Mountain Roads a BIG Problem!

AirHawk great story.. Atlanta Fox 5 did great job on it. Fair and balanced reporting(too bad the national cable FoxNews isn't watching). On a 45 mph road with a curve that has 25 mph recomended speed limit if you are going over 60 you are nuts in my opinion. Have I've done it? Can't say for sure cause I was too busy to look down at the speedometer. But after a couple of tickets from some King Co. motorcycle officiers I slowed down.

I don't buy the Sheriff's opinon it can't be stopped. In WA the state patrol would end it.. I think they could solve this problem with a few BMW police bikes, some police cars to block the road and maybe a cheap air surveallance by a Cessna 150 or 172..

Also in WA you get stopped going 20 over the speed limit it's speeding and reckless driving, they arrest you and impound your bike... Bet you they don't do that in GA..

ksquid 11-04-2006 06:04 PM

Do they have troopers on bikes?.. In WA state the troopers work in teams of 3, 2 guys on bikes and one in the car. Probably have some air support if needed. In WA the State Patrol would end it I guarantee it. also the laws up here are real tough you get thrown in jail and lose your bike..

pplassm 11-04-2006 06:08 PM

Um. Yes they can. I got a ticket for going waaay fast in GA 20+ years ago. The issuing officer told me if he wrote the ticket for 21 MPH over, I would got to jail, etc. I paid for the 19 over ticket and said "Thanks".

ksquid 11-04-2006 06:08 PM

Not what I heard. I've seen 2 videos of Busa's hitting 200 mph. One was an early model with the "speed control" removed. The other was a Busa on some nitro.. Busa's can go over 180? ask longride.

pplassm 11-04-2006 06:09 PM

And PLEASE Stop using the bold print just to show off your HTML skills.

ksquid 11-04-2006 06:15 PM

Must be a political leadership problem then.

I did the same i.e but I said "Thank you sir"

It's matter of will then. The GA authorities don't have the will to do so.. Wait till some cruiser couple or a young family in small car gets killed by a couple of out of control sport bikes. Suddenly they will get the will to stop.. Guess it's a red-state leadership thing i.e. they have to wait till innocent people to learn the hard way (e.g. Iraq, Katrina, etc.).

Dumb hicks Blue state leaders tend to use intelligence to figure out if things are going to be a problem in the future rather than waiting for it to happen.

ksquid 11-04-2006 06:17 PM

Hey if Fonzie says it's allowed then I am going to do it. i.e. look below the comment box when you do a reply

Fenton 11-04-2006 06:23 PM

Re: Must be a political leadership problem then.

"Katrina"

Can't wait til you lose something not covered in the "natural disaster" policy. Oh wait, I'm sure you had a bunker full of food and water for Y2K. Haha silly

mjs 11-04-2006 06:33 PM

Fantastic report, should be more like it.

There are always a few aholes out there who aren't happy until they spoil it for everyone else.

If you want to race, go to the track.

ksquid 11-04-2006 06:44 PM

Re: Must be a political leadership problem then.

I'm sure things will change on Tuesday... :) You can fool all the people some of the time (Americans) and some of the people (GTPB red states) all of the time but you can't fool all the the people all of the time (Blue-state residents).. Help is on the way... Call it the Blue Wave..