Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Knee Pucks

Old 01-26-2005, 06:13 AM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Another American Success in the Making: Roeh?

Everyone knows that be successful you have to sell your soul to the devil. Only the poor and downtrodden can be noble. It's not their fault anyhow.

Where ya been?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2005, 06:19 AM   #12
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: Another American Superbike: Roeh

120 hp and dry wt of 335lbs. If they pull that off I'd say they'll have some good performance. Price is going to be in the J.Leno range, so I'm still looking for Buzz to adopt me and give me a huge allowance

Definatly need to rethink the cartoon duck faring, hunt down some of those wayward Ducati design winers and put them to work.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 06:25 AM   #13
pdad13
Founding Member

It's "Roehr," by the way.

I've read about this one, too. They've only got a developmental prototype, and I don't think they have any kind of company yet. The Highland engine is made in Sweden, of all places, but it does appear to be more or less fully developed.

Unlike MotoCzysz, Roehr's immediate goal doesn't seem to racing.

The prototype on their Web site is ugly as sin, though. And it looks very rough, although, I guess that's the nature of prototypes anyway. Seems like a real long shot to me, especially at $25K.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 06:54 AM   #14
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

I lurch from one catastrophie to the next in my job and I'm just now between calamities.

The roads are almost clear enough up here for me to take the 954 for a spin into town if I can get it from my shop to the road. More snow is allegedly on the way though.

-sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 06:56 AM   #15
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Cartoon duck? Looks more like a carp undergoing electro-shock therapy to me. Fish are however very slippery, so maybe it's an aerodynamically sound design. 335 pounds seems a little optimistic also, for a bike with a steel tube frame. I think they would have to go with carbon fiber wheels, and a few other cost prohibitive parts made from exotic materials to meet their claimed weight. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:04 AM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

We've had a week of inversion now. The fog has been freezing onto the ground and its so icy now that getting around in my truck can be hairraising, much less trying to ride. Maybe that snowstorm will blow it out and warm things up a bit.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:32 AM   #17
Steven_Verschoor
Founding Member

Maybe you can get a sabbatical to UCLA or some other SoCal instutution. Except for that one week of really bad rain, I've been riding all winter.

Probably the best place would be Occidental College. It's highly ranked, has a diverse student body, a small-town feel, and... it's very near the Angeles Crest Highway! (Of course Caltech is near the ACH, too, but those guys work too hard.)

If you want to hang around the beach with rich kids, Pepperdine is the spot... Mulholland Highway would be in your back yard

Let me know when you get here, so we can go riding.
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:33 AM   #18
iamz
Founding Member

If someone has $20k or more to spend on "an American sport bike", and you just can't stand the Sporster based engine in the Buell XB's, just buy a Buell XB9 for what,.... about $9000, and drop any damn engine you want into the frame. Hell, you could probably pay someone to do it for ya and still come in under $20k. There you go. Who's first?
iamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:54 AM   #19
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

Default Hey

My ex wife may be moving to Boise. I'll give her your number.

The boy is coming to live with me 100%! Woo Hoo!
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:55 AM   #20
Tigercub
Founding Member

..."seeking a financial partnership to begin production of the Rv1000"...

This is the hurdle that nearly all garden shed manufacturers can't seem to get over. They should consider building S&S engined choppers to help fund the project.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote