Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Knee Pucks (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/knee-pucks/)
-   -   Gordon vs. Schumacher! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/knee-pucks/2511-gordon-vs-schumacher.html)

HobbleFoot 09-06-2004 07:04 PM

Re: Gordon vs. Schumacher!

I remember watching Gordon take a ride in Montoya's F1 car and he seemed really intrigued. Gordon seems to do well at the road courses on the NASCAR schedule, he should give F1 a shot.

pated 09-06-2004 08:02 PM

It will be great to see. Gordon is the best pure racer in NASCAR. He is the only driver who can legitimately be expected to win every race, on any type of track. Schumi is probably the best driver in the world, but Gordon is America's best hope to beat him.

Nplateau 09-06-2004 09:08 PM

I cannot believe we're actually talking about this on MO. I don't care what Colin Edwards does unless it's on a bike. Get Gordon and Shumacher to race eachother on bikes and then I'll be happy. Cars are spiffy and all, and convenient too, but no, I'd rather think about bikes. Schumacher should beat Gordon. Rossi might beat Gordon. But I wouldn't care if it wasn't on a bike.

sarnali 09-07-2004 03:42 AM

The best description I heard about cars is "appliance like" ie; open the door and a little light comes on.

Personnaly I like cars almost as much as bikes, but I do appreciate the analogy.

Abe_Froman 09-07-2004 05:53 AM

Have them all race motorcycles and then lets see who wins.

Abe_Froman 09-07-2004 06:23 AM

Giancarlo Fisichella is generally acknowledged to be the best current F1 driver. Shumacher is good but he is propped up by the hundreds of millions of dollars Ferrari spends to make the car better than all the others.

Like Jeremy Burgess said, in F1 racing, the equation is weighted 80/20 in favor of the car's ability, with the reverse applying to motorcycle racing. That's why the best motorcycle racer in the world can hop on another brand of bike and still win (Rossi) but the best auto driver in the world doesn't have a chance without a top-level team (some would say not a chance in anthing but a Ferrari.)

BMW4VWW 09-07-2004 06:46 AM

Little know brutish motorcycle racer? When did Kpaul get his racing license? VWW

SeanAlexander 09-07-2004 08:24 AM

"Fisichella is generally acknowledged to be the best current F1 driver" Huh? Where and when did you hear/read this acknoweleged by an F1 pundit?

IMHO, the "best current driver" list is something like this:

1.) Schumacher

2.) Montoya

3.) Webber

4.) Raikonen

5.) Barichello

6.) Alonso

7.) Button

EbonFlame 09-07-2004 10:25 AM

Oy, it's better than politics. At least it's still racing...

Cherii 09-08-2004 09:36 AM

They have road courses in NASCAR? But that would include right turns! How do you score a race where everyone DNFs?