Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Knee Pucks

Old 03-21-2002, 04:32 PM   #11
neko
Founding Member

Default Re: Motoport Ultra II

I've done about 45,000 miles in my red Motoport Ultra II jacket and pants, including one crash which included a fall but no sliding. I bought it over the Aerostitch because reviews I read at the time noted that it is cooler than the Aerostitch, which may be true, but that is mainly because it is not waterproof. If you don't want to get wet, you zip in the waterproof (and insulated) liners, which keep you dry but are not usable in warm weather. I have found the Motoport to be comfortable, confidence-inspiring suit, but the quality of construction is not great for the price (nearly as much as the Aerostich). Several snaps have come off, some of them only months after I purchased the suit. Also, my Motoport has no Scotchlite, so I had some put on.
neko is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2002, 10:52 AM   #12
roadlizard
Founding Member

Default Re: Tour Master Cortech Reader Feedback

If the higher priced riding gear offers better weather protection, ventilation and features that the Tourmaster 3/4 jacket, it must be VERY good.
roadlizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 02:51 AM   #13
AChesley
Registered Member

Purchased a Cortech Jacket and pants with my dealer recomendations and a few readups on them. Just finished a 5,810 mile jaunt up the coast of Maine. One day of riding about a 100 or so miles in a light rain in Maine. Belly got a little wet. Not sure why. Maybe I didn't have the velcro quite secure enuff. Rest was good and dry.

Suit was really warm and widder vest worked good with it when needed. This was without lining.

Venting, well , I was behind a windscreen but the vents did feel better.

In all, I found it to be lighter, warmer and cooler than my old leather jacket and pants. Lots more water resistant also. But, you got to get it off fast when not running. But, that's the same as the leather.

Yes, I would buy them again.
\'03 Chevy truck
AChesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 09:44 AM   #14
91vmi
Founding Member

I have the set since 1999. The jacket has always been and remains near frog's ear dry, but the pants have never ever ever stopped anything other than dew on the seat. I fact, I quit wearing the blasted things except in the winter when it is brrrrr. I solved the leaking pants though....I wear a Nigel Dennis Bib pantsuit underneath, cribbed them from my kayak bag!

Im thinking I will get the Aerostitch HiVis this year though, having ridden in Mexico, Puerto Rico, SoCal and DC..Visibilty is a must, screw it if I will look "like a freaking homo" as my esteemed Army student at work says.

Now if I can only find a pair of boots to fit my size 14 feet...
91vmi is offline   Reply With Quote