Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Knee Pucks

Old 11-09-2000, 03:20 PM   #1
Twitch
Founding Member

Default Re: Biker Chick Reader Feedback

I hate to do this but FIRST POST

thank you
Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2000, 07:11 PM   #2
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Those people suck!

Are you talking about men or women? Because I see a lot of men doing the above. Poseurs suck, whetehr thay have testicles or not.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2000, 10:07 PM   #3
RobM
Founding Member

Uh, Loser, when you sort by anything other than date/time, you end up sounding both lame AND wrong. Grow up?
RobM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2000, 04:54 AM   #4
nebo
Registered Member

We all gotta start somewhere. Encourage even the 1st day rider. We need more bikes on the road and it ain't an exclusive club, buy a bike and you're in. Every time I ever showed a woman how to do some work on her bike she was grateful for the advice- but I waited until I could see she was stuck before I said anything- some women probably know more than I do about fixing bikes...and riding them too.
Old 11-10-2000, 05:08 AM   #5
pk509
Founding Member

I hate to say it, but I usually assume that other people on bikes are guys. Let's face it, we're a huge majority out there. In my defense, I must say that I'm always pleasantly surprised and happy to see women riding bikes. I've been trying to talk my wife into getting her own bike, but she's pretty happy playing passenger these days. At least she loves riding, right? More power to you, ladies. I'm glad that you're out there too.

-Paul
pk509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2000, 05:52 AM   #6
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

First, hats off, or in this case, HELMETS off, to all the girls out there with the courage to ride. Women face additional problems guys don't usually have to to ride: shorter legs, and less overall and upper-body strength. As far as most people assuming it's another guy on the bike, well, in my opinion, that's justified by the fact that the majority of people on bikes ARE guys. Assuming that a girl is a **** just because she's on a bike, well, I don't think the stats would back that up, and besides, who cares? Personally, I'm glad to see 'em out there. Keep the shiny side up, girls.
CYCLE_MONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2000, 06:44 AM   #7
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

What is the deal with dropping bikes? Can this not be avoided? Why is this the major pitfall for the woman motorcyclist? I have never dropped my R1, or my GSXR600 (I suppose $400 for a new lower provides good incentive to be careful and skillful in handling a stationary motorcycle.) I really don't think it's even that hard to keep it upright. I only know one person that has dropped his bike, ever, and he was trying to impersonate Vanilla Ice at the time. Unless you posess muffed motor skills, it isn't that hard to keep the paint off the ground.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2000, 07:36 AM   #8
Coldrider
Founding Member

I think is has a lot to do with everyone telling women right from the get-go, "you'll drop your bike sooner or later." You make more mistakes when you're nervous about something.
Coldrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2000, 07:49 AM   #9
stevegrab
Founding Member

*Don't get out of the way when someone faster gets on their tail up racer road.

Nobody is obligated to do this. Some, like myself, choose to do it. In my case because I'm worried some squid is going to cut me off causing me to crash. We're just another vehicle on the road. If you want to get by us, find a safe place (at least for the vehicle being passed, I don't care if you run into oncoming traffic) and pass.

If you want to race, get on the track. Oh, nobody is obligated to get out of your way there either.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2000, 07:56 AM   #10
stevegrab
Founding Member

You're a jerk. Why is it that if somebody rides a 250 or even something like a Ninja 500 or GS500 they're a wimp. Everybody has to start somewhere, and has to start on something they feel comfortable on. Not everybody starts on a CBR/GSXR or other top sport bike. And most who do are morons, because they don't have the slightest idea how to handle what they're riding.

I know a guy with a Ninja500 and a 250. He sold the 250 to his sister, then bought it back when she decided she no longer liked it. On a group ride one day I was noticing how small his bike looked. When we stopped, I noticed he was on his 250 not his 500. Couldn't tell the differnce, and he was still going quick enough to keep up with several 600 & liter-class sportbikes.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote