Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Knee Pucks

Old 03-26-2001, 05:13 PM   #31
Cgregoli
Founding Member

Default Re: Biker Chick Reader Feedback

Oh, yeah, can I relate! I still remember when a guy on a Harley came up next to me when I was on my first bike, a Honda CB360, when I was in college and said in obvious startlement "You're a girl! You shouldn't be riding, you should be on the back!". It's possibly needless to say that I showed him my tailpipe as soon as the light changed.

Unfortunately, the attitude hasn't changed much since 1985 (yep, I'm that old), but these days at least there are a few "that's cool!" comments as well. The only way I found to tell those out there that have an attitude that I'm proud of what I ride (a 1990 FZR400) is... a vanity plate that reads FAST GRL with a license plate frame that declares "No... this is not my boyfriend's bike!" I actually had some idiot ask me that once... sigh! Perhaps some think that's a bit of an extreme response, but it has gotten rid of the worst of the comments.

Regardless, let's hear it for all those out there that refuse to be pigeonholed - whether it's women riders or male ballet dancers!!
Cgregoli is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2001, 10:30 PM   #32
TT600chick
Founding Member

Default Re: To each there own

No lie, I like to wave at all fellow bikers even if they aren't on a sportbike....and to you people who don't wave, start waving, it might bring a smile to the face behind the sheild.
TT600chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 06:33 AM   #33
rvfizz
Founding Member

Airyn's Article was fun to read. She was candid about the fact that sometimes we are more concerned with other's opinions when we should be minding our safety on the road. Chicks on Bikes-Absolutely a step in the right direction. When I stop at a biker plaza it's good to see women there. Who wants to see a bunch of guys with no girls around? It's like one of the last frontiers for women. Equal pay, equal benefits, equal ride to work.

By RVFIZZ. I donated but MO still calls me a squid!
rvfizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 01:11 PM   #34
RatRider
Founding Member

Hi and hats of to all laidies who ride . yes I am a male and involed with 2 British Motorcycle Clubs . And we have a trainer bike a honda CB 350 that we loan out to any woman that wants to get on her own two wheels .We have I think 5 women who ride their own bikes now and the # is growing Hey we need women to keep us guys out of trouble when we ride ...and they look better than guys on bikes ^ 5 laides ....oh I own a 1998 Triumph speed triple and a y2k Triumph Sprint S/T

Ken .....RatRider
RatRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 05:15 AM   #35
RatRider
Founding Member

It's sad that so called men take advantage of women in both automotive fields and in the motorcyle fields. I am a fully A.S.E certified mechanic. And a man as well and that crap makes me sick The only defence you can get laidies is a education .Plenty of books on Engine repair and motorcyle repair . I mean you don't have to become a mechanic ,Just learn enough to defend yourself and when some looser is heading to rip you off .you head out the door....Plus if you ever breakdown on your own, your studies might get you home .And it is unlawfull to do repairs without the customers ok ...So if he took it apart with out your ok... say put it back together and here's my lawers Phone #

RatRider
RatRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 12:49 AM   #36
rststrange
Founding Member

Good attitude Ken, I hope you loan the 350 to new male riders too. Don't count on me to keep you out of trouble I might be leading the pack towards trouble.
rststrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2001, 01:58 AM   #37
glenndolph
Founding Member

I think the point is that everybody makes stupid mistakes. I've dropped or crashed every one of the bikes I've owned. Some so bad that they couldn't be repaired... and always because of me... the bike is just like any other machine, it does what the driver tells it to do, (not forgetting about BDC's turning left or no signals or sudden stops)...
glenndolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2001, 02:00 AM   #38
glenndolph
Founding Member

And a big second on that... Styling for stylings sake, what a waste of good hardware... and if you can't fix it, learn how...
glenndolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 09:38 AM   #39
Pottsy
Founding Member

I think this story hit on two VERY important issues that I have noticed with many of the female riders I know.

1) If you can't pick the bike up yourself.. you should not be riding it. (This goes for men and women)

2) Just as I was beginning to think that more women are riding for the sake of riding... the author once again demonstrates that WAY too many women are riding for the sake of showing off to their male counterparts and F'up because of this. Riding too big a bike.... not learning enough before trying to ride fast.... (Once again this goes for half the guys out there as well).

3) Hmmm... wants to be treated equally yet screams out to be noticed as different... go figure.

And for the imbecile that wrote in showing disrespect for the lady riding the 250.... are you REALLY that big of a moron?
Pottsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 12:05 PM   #40
kcjoker
Founding Member

Number 1 Know your limitations(goes for men and women) I started on a EX 500 then upgraded to a CBR 600 F4, I just got a new GSXR 750.

Number 2 If you can't pick the bike up you shouldn't be riding it, hell my 750 weighs less than 400 lbs.(once again goes for men and women)

Number 3 If a woman is riding a motorcycle to prove a point rather than riding for pure enjoyment then she doesn't understand what it's all about.

Number 4 I recommend riding dirtbikes first like I did, wrecking those isn't nearly as costly and it's actually expected to wreck once in a while. It's a great way to learn riding a motorcycle, although women on dirtbikes is possibly more scarce.

Number 5 If you can't do basic maintenance on your bike it's your own fault for being robbed by mechanics.
kcjoker is offline   Reply With Quote