Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Knee Pucks

Old 11-09-2000, 01:14 PM   #1
Frank
Founding Member

Default Re: Lauren Hutton Released from Hospital

Don't like to hear of anybody crashing. The name's familiar, but what movies was she in? I really can't picture her at all.
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2000, 01:28 PM   #2
Cadillac62
Founding Member

I saw some video of her on TV. She looked quite shaky on her bike. I would not have liked to have been rididn around someone who appeared so unskilled.
Cadillac62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2000, 02:24 PM   #3
Twitch
Founding Member

Did she take a ridding corse before she hopped on her BMW?
Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2000, 02:25 PM   #4
Twitch
Founding Member

by the way corse should be spelled course,
Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2000, 02:51 PM   #5
James
Founding Member

Big Deal! I clip a truck bumber and almost tear my leg off.....not a word in print. Ms. Hutton, no great actress, drops her BMW and it's news. What? You guys practicing for Winter news?
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2000, 06:57 PM   #6
backroadbandit
Founding Member

I am guessing that around 1970 there was a run on baby names....Jackass was popular, as was Anonymous Squid. My, how times have changed. Now it's Damon, Sean, and Derek.
backroadbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2000, 05:01 AM   #7
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Haga, Edwards, and Fogarty are pushing their sick-power bikes to the absolute limit and beyond when they crash. I would venture to guess that Lauren Hutton couldn't explore the limits of a grocery sack. She crashed because she has no skill or common sense, maybe a lack of both.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2000, 06:28 AM   #8
allyoop
Founding Member

Lauren's face showed up as commonly on magazine covers during the seventies as Julia Robert does today. She can still be seen on TV as a great-looking older woman who takes some kind of hormones and walks on the beach.
allyoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2000, 07:21 AM   #9
stevegrab
Founding Member

Let me guess, you've never crashed because you're such a great rider (same guy who never dropped a bike either). We don't know the details, nor her skill level (not from what I've seen reported) so why not just wish her a speedy recovery, and give up on the personal attacks.

Oh I forgot, that's what these forums are for, to take out our hatred on others.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2000, 05:31 PM   #10
oldjapbikes
Founding Member

Default Funny Helmet Joke

My brother and father and I all took the MSF beginner course together. After we got our certificates, dad drove us, helmets and leathers and all, home in his big rusty ol' station wagon. We pulled up to a rather long traffic light with lots of cars around. My brother turned and leaned over the passenger seat to me in the back seat, and, with an evil grin on his face, whispered "put your helmet on."

So here are my brother and I, wearing full-face helmets while riding in a station wagon with my dad. We got so many weird looks from people, and my dad somehow didn't notice. I could barely contain my laugher. Eventually he turned and saw us, full face Arai's hiding our grins, realized what kind of a statement we were making about his driving, and yelled "take those things off!." We laughed the rest of the way home.
oldjapbikes is offline   Reply With Quote