Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Kawasaki

Old 07-21-2008, 01:21 PM   #1
S McNeely
Registered Member

Thumbs down Kawasaki Warranty Woes

Have a 2007 Nomad, and the rt saddle bag guard is chaffing on the saddle bag wearing a hole it. Kawasaki refuses to honor the warranty because of 15K miles without the defect being noticed. I had new tires 4 weeks ago, and noticed this 2 weeks ago (Kawasaki put the tires on). Only needed to pull the bags off to clean, or change tires. Kawasaki is inferring the guard got bent somehow, only thing is I took it to a dealer, and it was inspected by the dealer, and it is not damaged. There is NO DAMAGE to the bike other than this problem, so unless Uri Geller did this, it could only happen at manufacture. Nice of a manufacturer to take almost 15K of your money and then not honor their warranty. I regret buying the bike now because of the warranty issue. The customer service reps I spoke with at Kawasaki are Mark and Rick, would not give me the techs (Clowns) name who looked at the photos from the dealer, and decided because of milage not to honor the warranty, so if you speak to any of these people, you will probably have higher blood pressure when you are done. Good luck getting a quality product from Kawasaki.
S McNeely is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2008, 01:48 PM   #2
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Pretty much the same with all the mfg's in my experience.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:36 PM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

A letter from an attorney can work wonders.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #4
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Mr. McNeely, there are probably as many people who Kawi stepped up for and did something above and beyond as there are people who are disappointed at their service. Frankly I don't think denying a warranty claim on a saddlebag that is wearing a hole (doesn't have a hole, just wearing?) after 15k miles is that outrageous.

I suggest you find an old belt or other source of a leather patch, and cut a part to lay over the chafing spot. Get a tube of contact cement and coat the patch and the saddlebag where the patch will be placed. Let both sides dry and then stick the patch on. If you do it right, it will last forever.

If you replaced the bag, it wouldn't match the other side anyway. Plus, if you had a new bag, it would be wearing another hole at 30k miles. Fix this one and you're done. See, Kawi did you a favor.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:49 PM   #5
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Can I see some pics? 15k is quit alot of miles to warranty a saddle bag that doesnt even have a hole in it? If the tech has a bench that has a drop away for rear tire changes he doesnt need to take off the bags to do a rear tire. Wait, those are hard bags arent they?

Last edited by MOKE1K : 07-26-2008 at 07:52 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:40 PM   #6
Trackbuddy
Registered Member

You think you got problems , I have a 2007 1600 Nomad with metal in the oil and only 2765 miles on the bike and kawasaki says they dont need to replace the motor. This was found after 5 times in the shop for the same rocker noise which turned out to be a set of rockers installed from factory on the front half. After talking with dealer and factory they will not buy the bike back,they just say the metal will not hurt anything. You can call me for more info @ 208-467-4028 (Ty)
Trackbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:18 AM   #7
Concours06Rider
Founding Member

I wonder why they do not honor their warranty which is based on time and does not limit the mileage. You mention that your bike has 15K miles on it. That is not an issue. This is from their own brochure:
Up to Two Years Warranty
Your new Vulcan cruiser motorcycle comes with a 12-month/unlimited mileage limited factory warranty, except your new Vulcan 1600 Nomad, Vulcan 2000 LT and Vulcan 900 LT which come with a 24-month/unlimited mileage limited factory warranty. Read the next paragraph to find out how you can extend your coverage inexpensively, or ask your dealer for details about the factory warranty and available extended coverage.
Notice the "unlimited mileage" statement twice in the warranty clause. They are blowing smoke up your butt as usual. Kawasaki USA does not honor warranty or care about the products that are sold here. I think that anyone that has issues needs to contact the headquarters in Japan directly.

A concerned customer,
Gregory Thomas
Pittsburgh, PA
AVOID: Bob Traceys World of Cycles, Moon, PA at all costs.
Concours06Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:21 PM   #8
CRYPTOCOSIS
Registered Member

Wink

Kawasaki Customer Service Sucks part 2 - Motorcycle.Com

Same thing happened to me get your phone records guys. All the info you can and go see an Attorney works wonders!

I've been in your shoes guys just hang in there use your anger to get those scum bags back! phone records, shop work, GTTP details really help me. Do you guys have GTTP?
Old 09-11-2008, 06:54 PM   #9
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRYPTOCOSIS View Post
GTTP details really help me. Do you guys have GTTP?
What's a GTTP?

(seriously)
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:36 PM   #10
CRYPTOCOSIS
Registered Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
What's a GTTP?

(seriously)

Good Times™ Protection Plan. Sorry I meant GTPP