Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Kawasaki

Old 06-27-2007, 01:18 PM   #21
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Our main man Pete is riding the new Connie this weekend. Stay tuned for his report!
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2007, 01:23 PM   #22
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I'll be reading that review in detail! Get lots of photos please, especially close ups of various components in addition to the on the road pics.

Does it corner better than the 1000?
How's that "Kipass," gimmick or useful?
Real world mileage?
Can a full face still fit in the saddlebags?
Do they still have the top pack bracket setup like the 1000?
Are the front brakes better than the 1000? Wait, they couldn't be worse...
Can I have it when he's done?
Old 06-27-2007, 02:31 PM   #23
mugwump58
Registered Member

Lucky Pete.I've been waiting for this for quite some time. Can't wait to read the review.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:49 PM   #24
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Can I have it when he's done?
Get in line!

BTW, I saw C14s being built in Japan a few weeks ago. It's a good-looking scoot.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:46 PM   #25
DerkT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Bummer: I had my insurance agent check out a policy on the '14. Looks like they're considering it a "sport" bike rather than a "touring" bike. Makes a big difference in the premiums for me.
Dang K_M, Check out a different insurance company. Mine says a bike that comes stock with a full fairing and hardcase luggage then it's a "touring" bike and gets that rate.

Oh wait. You're from the great state of Florida. Insurance companies have a different rule book for you guys. You all are getting SO screwed down there! I almost took a job in Vero Beach. Right up until I checked on the cost of insurance for my vehicles. Aaahhh, NO. Thank You!
DerkT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:31 AM   #26
rkrayton2000
Founding Member

Default I'm tired of waiting

the concours I'm looking to buy is a 2005 model My dealer says kawi keeps seting the delivery dates further back I don't trust it
rkrayton2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:43 AM   #27
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

From what I've seen, there are tremendous buys on Concours 1000's. $6-8k for new or almost new bikes. Factor in the 20 years of refinement and huge aftermarket/parts/support, and it's quite a buy. Then again, it's not the most attractive bike in the world. I can say that 'cause I have one!
Old 07-19-2007, 09:05 AM   #28
bbtowns
Founding Member

They used a magnesium valve cover to keep the weight down! Man 615 dry/678 wet doesn't seem like they did too good a job of that. Still I'll bet the motor is huge, and this thing will eat miles. No it probably isn't as good as your sport bike in the corners (see the weight thing) but the old Connie is remarkably, weirdly adept at holding a tight line. Hopefully they've retained some of that. The brakes appear to be a huge improvement, as does at least the front suspension. Not flickable though. Not even kickable. They're delivering at least a few in OR now, I know one fellow with one.
bbtowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:16 AM   #29
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

A few days later than expected, but Pete's test of the C14 is finally live. Check it out!
Old 09-09-2008, 05:32 AM   #30
Concours06Rider
Founding Member

I know where there is a new Concours 14 ABS in the Pittsburgh area. Unfortunately it is at a dealer that I would not advise purchasing from. They did have the price marked down from the 13799 MSRP. If you do want it negotiate for the best price you can get, but please AVOID their extended service plan, because they have a terrible service department. I purchased it for my 06 Concours for $899 and they will have made more money than I will have "saved." I will only let them perform oil/filter changes, tire changes, and brake pad changes, but nothing that would require them to go into the engine, etc. They are totally incompetent. There were many things not done on the basic uncrating procedure that were checked off on the form, but were not done and when pointed out, they swear it was done or the factory's fault. I saw similar problems on another 2006 Concours on the showroom floor and pointed it out to them with no resolution. The poor sap that bought it will have to deal with it himself, just like I did.
If you mention my name, I may get a $50 credit.

Gregory Thomas
Pittsburgh PA
AVOID: Bob Traceys World of Cycles for service. Good luck if you buy the Concours 14. Hold your nose, buy it for the lowest price you can negotiate and ride away as soon as possible. Do not look back or you may end up like Lot's wife.
Concours06Rider is offline   Reply With Quote