Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Kawasaki

Old 03-20-2010, 03:37 PM   #1
jodwy
Registered Member

Default Vulcan 900 Classic LT

I have a 900 Classic LT, which I absolutely love. I am a female biker, so I like light weight and the ease of handling. The only problem I have is that my battery goes dead EVERY year. The bike is garaged, out of the weather, but, even with a trickle charger, the battery is dead in the spring. It is very difficult to get to the battery because of the seat backs and the one piece seat. Is anyone else having a problem with the battery? Also, where can I get a 2-piece studded seat so that it's not so difficult to get to the battery? Thanks for any info you can give me.
jodwy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2010, 02:58 PM   #2
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Iv retreived the battery out of the LT, it's not to.... bad but I get where your coming from for sure. Its got that big plastic cover and the battery sits really deep in the bike.

As for the charger I would suspect that its faulty. Take it back and get a new one, mine works great. And good luck! I personally love the female riders you balance out all the crazy males,like me.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:45 AM   #3
SDRider
Registered Member

Agree. Since I've put my Vulcan 88 on a charger, about a year ago, I've not had a single problem firing her up. Used to be that after a few weeks the battery didn't have the juice to overcome the pressure in the pots, even with the fancy bypass thingy. Also put the Goldwing on a charger at the same time, not that it was such a problem with that bike.

This is one problem that should have an easy fix (assuming a decent battery of course). Ride safe.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:33 PM   #4
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Next fully charged battery you get have someone check the charging system pronto. Or if you have a multimeter check it yourself. Set on DCV rev the bike to around 3k and hold it. See if the charge is climbing if so then it's recharging the battery. Remember it should only climb to certain amount anymore and it's bad. Good luck girl!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:45 AM   #5
Kawabonga
Registered Member

It could be your ground is not making good enough contact on the frame where the ground wird from the negative terminal to the frame is? I have a riding mower in which the battery would go flat after a few weeks. It was the problem with the ground wire bolted to the *painted* frame. After sanding the paint down to the metal and re-installing the ground wire the problem was solved.
Kawabonga is offline   Reply With Quote