Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 09-21-2001, 11:03 AM   #1
mtrot
Founding Member

Default Re: 2002 Kawasaki Pricing

Yes, it's great to get these prices, but it would also be nice if Kawasaki would update their website to include info on the new models, such as the ZZR1200. Also,there is nothing on the site that tells you if the models shown are 2001 or 2002 models.
mtrot is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2001, 11:09 AM   #2
goody
Founding Member

I agree! The Kawasaki web site is WEAK.
goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 11:25 AM   #3
bluyzfr6
Founding Member

I guess we can squash the rumors about a new zx 7 rr. Too bad cause i woulda bought one. Now im gonna have to go with the new 954 rr. In silver of course. Your loss Kawasaki.
bluyzfr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 01:33 PM   #4
da_burg
Founding Member

Default Re: This just in

Breaking news on the new Kawasaki line up.....BOLD NEW GRAPHICS BOLD NEW GRAPHICS

When are these guys gonna realize they need to update their models? Well bold new graphics except for that beat old zx-7r....
da_burg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 03:16 PM   #5
PewterMouse
Founding Member

Man... I'm all about the 9R in Candy Gold... Kawi makes the best bikes for the street... I'm trading my 2000 ZX-6R for the 9R. I hope you don't get smoked on the 954... buy anything but Honda! Green Mountain Ryderz holdin' it down for 2-00-2
PewterMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 03:20 PM   #6
P-Ratt
Premium Member

Default ZX7R & 636R

As for why Kawasaki has no new 7R- A couple of years ago a Kawasaki spokesperson was asked this question about the lack of an updated 7R. The response was that the customer for the 7R and 9R was the same person. To produce a new 7R would only detract from the sales of the new 9R with another expensively developed superbike. Kawasaki saved money on development of a new street superbike by putting all of their eggs in one ZX9R basket.

But does anyone have insight into why the ZX636R (basically a factory bigbore 6R) is not coming to the US? I am quite sure that we would enjoy having something like that. Sure supersport racing is for 600cc and under, but Kawasaki could just run their older dimensioned motor. It is just production 'based.' My understanding is that rules relate to metal being removed from the engine and not leaving extra metal in place.
FZ1
P-Ratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2001, 05:36 AM   #7
Dual__Exhaust
Founding Member

Consider the source.
Dual__Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2001, 09:02 PM   #8
sakepower
Founding Member

Interesting...I noticed the W650 is missing...
sakepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2001, 10:36 PM   #9
john
Founding Member

Default Re: ZX7R & 636R

They are marketing to the foolish people who buy their bikes based on AMA season standings. Bostrom wins on 6R? we don't get the 636. To me, upping the displacement is a good move, you can make the same power, or even more, while improving longevity. Probably helps the midrange just a tad, too.
Old 09-23-2001, 05:54 AM   #10
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Good Observation. I wonder why. The w650 was one of the few original ideas Kawasaki has come up with recently, and I thought it was selling well. Apparently I was mistaken.