Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 09-24-2001, 04:09 PM   #81
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default what are you doing closing the throttle in a corner??

I'd rather oil a chain, just because when you do have to replace a rear end it really sucks. Chassis jacking has never bothered me, even when I came off a chain bike. It was different, but I never found it a problem. The only time I close the throttle in a turn is when I have to stand it up anyway, and usually I'm not accelerating enough while leaned over to jack the chassis. On mine, if you put down enough to jack the chassis it's enough to spin the wheel way too much if you're leaned over.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2001, 05:32 PM   #82
Jase
Founding Member

Default Re: As long as we

Wow, I appreciate your perspective on the SV and EX but ride the two. I don't believe you could have to make that comparison. The Kawi is a very reliable proven 'small' bike and that's about it. The SV on the other hand is that and a WHOLE lot more.

I would think the ZX6-R would've been better to compare with the SV and I'd still take the SV.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 05:36 PM   #83
Jase
Founding Member

Default Re: EX revamp--why not a 650cc triple?

Man, the Japanese should be coming here for marketing ideas.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2001, 06:52 AM   #84
Smiley
Founding Member

Default Re: 2002 Kawasaki ZZ-R1200

The zzr1100 was a great motorcycle. I've owned mine since new in 1995. The only question i have to ask about this new model. If the press blurb is right, and the bike is designed to put the port back into sport touring, why detune the engine. That was one of the wildest things about the ZZR since it's introduction. A strong bottom end with a top end that went on for ever. Why not keep the strong top and, and the increase in cubes will more than make up for any lack of bottom end grunt, the that the 1100 ever had any.
Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2001, 09:45 AM   #85
HyperBusa
Founding Member

Default Test road a Futura

I test rode a Futura thinking of buying one and was not impressed. The engine was way too lumpy even for a v-twin. The fuel injection at low RPM was horrible. The bike was warmed up for several minutes before we took off and it stalled in the parking lot and at the first stoplight. The glitch goes away at about 3000 RPM. The wind protection is not as good as advertised. The bike is also very top heavy and maybe a tad too light to be a true ST...gets buffeted pretty good on the highway at speed. Very trick looking bike, but $14K for a problematic bike is not for me.
HyperBusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 11:12 AM   #86
Principal
Founding Member

Ya, that would be a SUZUKI SV100, not unlike my SUZUKI SV 650 that I rode for two years. Life is a reading test. No where did it say Kawasaki, but intead I was referring to sport tourers in general.

Regarding gas mileage for my Superhawk, yes I must fill up after about 130 miles, but my sport touring involves back roads in Colorado, not superslab stuff. I am ready on my old butt for a break at that point. And I have ridden them all, and Honda generally has the best build quality, but the others are very close and get better every year.
Principal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 03:01 PM   #87
kawi11
Founding Member

Default Re: Let me just get this out of the way...

To the genius below. If all that is soooo.... true- as you in your semi-conciuous state of delerium seem to think it is. "You must be a Suzuki fan- just a guess". Why is it that: a ZX-6R is leading the AMA 600's, A ZX-7RR is in second place in AMA Superbike, another ZX-6R is in second in WSS 600's.... and Kawi just seems to kick ass in every drag racing event there is??!

If they are indeed so slow- what does that say about everything else on the market? Wake up and smell the racing fuel- have you even even been to a race? Of any kind? Genius- that you must be.
kawi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 03:07 PM   #88
kawi11
Founding Member

To the genius below- and lord knows you must be. Why don't you at least get on one before you ? Your just the kind of person that talks about-lets see... damn near anything without actually knowing what you are saying. ZX11's kicked everyones ass for nearly a decade- look at the history- before anyone stepped up to the plate and did anything about it. This is a bike based in the same heritage- wake up and smell the racing fuel. I'll bring my ZX-12 and run you anytime you like. Then we will see who is so slow-
kawi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2001, 11:26 AM   #89
mgmike
Founding Member

Default Re: Concours

Say what you will about the Concours good, bad or indifferent Kawasaki has lost my business.Ibought a new 98 Concours in 99 you know 0 miles

ect. After the 600 mile dealer check it developed a slight buzz, nothing to worry about.The buzz turned to a strong vibration then the fairing started to sound like a mercury outside light.Enought of this,the dealer in Morristown Tn told me to saw the pipes off,the one in Knoxville kept it three months put 900 miles on it and said they nor Kawasaki would fix this basically unridable new factory warranty bike. Yea,I had a lemon,Kawasaki said T.S. I say watch where you spent you money.
mgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 07:27 AM   #90
Philbiker
Founding Member

The engine isn't a detuned ZX-12 motor. It's a hybrid of the 1200 in the ZRX which was originally derived from the GPZ engine which was from the ZX-11. Have I lost you yet?

Basically it's the ZX11/ZZR1100 engine with mega high end and ram air with the added displacement from the ZRX1200. It's going to kick serious ass.
Philbiker is offline   Reply With Quote