Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 09-18-2001, 08:15 PM   #21
TheFox
Founding Member

Default True...

...But I think we all agree that the ZRX1200 is a fantastic and distinctive bike. What else does Kawa have other than this model, and I'll even begrudge you the ZX-7, that is not using bronze age technology or styling?

Foxy

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2001, 08:20 PM   #22
boxjoint
Founding Member

Default Blah Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah Blah it's a sport touring bike. Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah read the article before you post. Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Not for squids. Blah Blah Blah Blah Is the ZRX motor under powered?? Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Kawasaki is the only company SMART ENOUGH to actually release a ST for 2002. Blah Blah Blah Blah (#insert the make and model of your bike here#) will look like a "My mom bought me this bike to hopefully pick up teen-age chicks" parked next to it. Blah Blah Blah Blah "Nuff Said"
boxjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 08:39 PM   #23
boxjoint
Founding Member

Default Re: True...

As I posted, Kawaski's race reps ARE out dated and in a word "Lame" compared to their competitors (Unless of course you are in the market for a good real-world RR). I think that Kawasaki is starting to see their niche in the motorcyling industry...Cruisers and sport tourer's. The "OLD" ZX11 is still a good sport touring bike even by todays standards. Hopefully that deal with Suzuki will help them in developing better Super Sport models....only time will tell.
Old 09-18-2001, 08:44 PM   #24
aminalmutha
Founding Member

Default Re: True...

ZX12-R
aminalmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 02:50 AM   #25
MC
Founding Member

Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Blah

Exactly! But I still like my post better.

MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 02:58 AM   #26
MC
Founding Member

Default Re: 2002 Kawasaki ZZ-R1200

The GPZ1100 is/was a fine bike. MO seemed to love it. You see pictures and references to them all the time, but nobody will ever admit to riding/owning/liking them.

However, the market segment that the GPZ tried to fill just didn't exist in the USA, or at least wasn't big enough to keep it here for long. I fear the same fate for this bike.
MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 03:34 AM   #27
worn_patella
Founding Member

Default Re: 2002 Kawasaki ZZ-R1200

I have a '96 GPZ1100. I couldn't afford the ZX-11 back then ... and I like it too much to get rid of it - after adding the GIVI hard bags to it. It's like using a Lear Jet to go to the corner store ... tons of overkill (and way too much fun).

If the ZZ-R1200 is a little slower, a little more refined, and pulls a little better in the lower revs ... I'll take two ... or maybe 1 with a Yamaha as its mate.

My point is, that a detuned version of the ZX-12 is probably overkill in the sport-tourer market ... and overkill is fun, when it's power you are talking about. Don't let those hyper jokes (jocks?)

pressure you into something you won't enjoy (for more than half an hour).
worn_patella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 04:30 AM   #28
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: User Freindly

I love to rag on them due to my 00 KLR 650 being in the shop for the last 6 months...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 04:40 AM   #29
boxjoint
Founding Member

Default Re: Blah Blah Blah Blah

We havin' fun
Old 09-19-2001, 05:18 AM   #30
Haru
Founding Member

Default Lets keep things in perspective here

Kawasaki doesn't try to go after the customers who want not what they need or can use, but what the magazines are pushing that season. Kawasaki's sportbikes may not be the absolute best for cutting laps, but they are superb all round use streetbikes. Whether that is a characteristic that you like or not is upto you. But If Kawasakis are such dogs, why do they keep selling well?

A good rider on a ZX-6 will thrash a mediocre one on a Gixxer 1000. So instead of judging a machine too harshly for not being the fastest, lightest thing on the market, people should instead evaluate their own abilities.
Haru is offline   Reply With Quote