Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Kawasaki News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/kawasaki-news/)
-   -   2002 Kawasaki ZZ-R1200 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/kawasaki-news/847-2002-kawasaki-zz-r1200.html)

TheFox 09-18-2001 08:15 PM

True...

...But I think we all agree that the ZRX1200 is a fantastic and distinctive bike. What else does Kawa have other than this model, and I'll even begrudge you the ZX-7, that is not using bronze age technology or styling?

Foxy

boxjoint 09-18-2001 08:20 PM

Blah Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah Blah it's a sport touring bike. Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah read the article before you post. Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Not for squids. Blah Blah Blah Blah Is the ZRX motor under powered?? Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Kawasaki is the only company SMART ENOUGH to actually release a ST for 2002. Blah Blah Blah Blah (#insert the make and model of your bike here#) will look like a "My mom bought me this bike to hopefully pick up teen-age chicks" parked next to it. Blah Blah Blah Blah "Nuff Said"

boxjoint 09-18-2001 08:39 PM

Re: True...

As I posted, Kawaski's race reps ARE out dated and in a word "Lame" compared to their competitors (Unless of course you are in the market for a good real-world RR). I think that Kawasaki is starting to see their niche in the motorcyling industry...Cruisers and sport tourer's. The "OLD" ZX11 is still a good sport touring bike even by todays standards. Hopefully that deal with Suzuki will help them in developing better Super Sport models....only time will tell.

aminalmutha 09-18-2001 08:44 PM

Re: True...

ZX12-R

MC 09-19-2001 02:50 AM

Re: Blah Blah Blah Blah

Exactly! But I still like my post better.

:)

MC 09-19-2001 02:58 AM

Re: 2002 Kawasaki ZZ-R1200

The GPZ1100 is/was a fine bike. MO seemed to love it. You see pictures and references to them all the time, but nobody will ever admit to riding/owning/liking them.

However, the market segment that the GPZ tried to fill just didn't exist in the USA, or at least wasn't big enough to keep it here for long. I fear the same fate for this bike.

worn_patella 09-19-2001 03:34 AM

Re: 2002 Kawasaki ZZ-R1200

I have a '96 GPZ1100. I couldn't afford the ZX-11 back then ... and I like it too much to get rid of it - after adding the GIVI hard bags to it. It's like using a Lear Jet to go to the corner store ... tons of overkill (and way too much fun).

If the ZZ-R1200 is a little slower, a little more refined, and pulls a little better in the lower revs ... I'll take two ... or maybe 1 with a Yamaha as its mate.

My point is, that a detuned version of the ZX-12 is probably overkill in the sport-tourer market ... and overkill is fun, when it's power you are talking about. Don't let those hyper jokes (jocks?)

pressure you into something you won't enjoy (for more than half an hour).

12er 09-19-2001 04:30 AM

Re: User Freindly

I love to rag on them due to my 00 KLR 650 being in the shop for the last 6 months...

boxjoint 09-19-2001 04:40 AM

Re: Blah Blah Blah Blah

We havin' fun ;-)

Haru 09-19-2001 05:18 AM

Lets keep things in perspective here

Kawasaki doesn't try to go after the customers who want not what they need or can use, but what the magazines are pushing that season. Kawasaki's sportbikes may not be the absolute best for cutting laps, but they are superb all round use streetbikes. Whether that is a characteristic that you like or not is upto you. But If Kawasakis are such dogs, why do they keep selling well?

A good rider on a ZX-6 will thrash a mediocre one on a Gixxer 1000. So instead of judging a machine too harshly for not being the fastest, lightest thing on the market, people should instead evaluate their own abilities.