Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 06-08-2002, 02:37 PM   #121
sean11
Founding Member

Default Re: I agree this is functionally similar to the GPZ-1100

hey phil, could not agree with you more. i owned a 96 GPz with the factory bags until about 3 weeks ago when it was stolen out of my driveway. Best bike I ever owned, Bar none. I think you were at the west virginia east coast GPz rally weren't you? Anyway, I think we met there. I'll sit here mourning the loss of my smooth, powerful GPz and drool over the ZZR and the FJ1300. Anyone know if the ZZR is as smooth as the Gpz is?
sean11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2002, 01:18 AM   #122
charles_storer
Founding Member

Default Re: 2002 Kawasaki ZZ-R1200

When a new ZZ-R1200 arrived at a local dealer, I had to see how it "sat". It felt almost identical to my 92 ZX11. Why not get a low milage 11, put bar risers, revalved forks, GPS, and radar detector on it and pocket the extra 4 grand.
charles_storer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 11:13 AM   #123
JK_1
Founding Member

The Yamaha FJR1300 has 145hp, does anyone know the hp of the Kawasaki ZZ-R1200? How do the 2 bikes compare?
JK_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 06:43 AM   #124
Swisslegend
Founding Member

I don't know about the yamaha but I have a ZZR-1200 and it is the best bike I've ever owned. It really delivers that indescribable feeling that I think we all want to get from a motorcycle. I think the hp is 135 and top speed is 165 but you don't have to test either one of those limits to really enjoy this bike. It is comfortable, fast, smooth, all the positive adjectives apply. I've never been able to say this about any of the other 19 bikes I've owned over the past 10 years (yes, I have the habit bad). Test drive it and you'll buy it.

Swisslegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 05:44 PM   #125
AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: Ride something with a paralever

My BMW R1100S puts the power down to the pavement without any problems at all. Drivetrain maintenance is non-existent. I can ride the hell out of it ALL day long. Life is good.
AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 05:49 PM   #126
AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: Because they6 want to emphasize the SPORT...

Try a Paralever.... I used to feel the same as you until I tried one. If you're riding at the track you might be able to tell the difference, but these bikes are designed for real world riding.
AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 08:59 PM   #127
CobraRGuy
Founding Member

I suspect Kawasaki believes that CV carbs will provide as good or better low and midrange torque than the FI setup. This could also be a cost savings measure. (YMMV) CobraRGuy
CobraRGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 09:00 PM   #128
CobraRGuy
Founding Member

I suspect Kawasaki believes that CV carbs will provide as good or better low and midrange torque than the FI setup. This could also be a cost savings measure. (YMMV) CobraRGuy 8^)
CobraRGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 01:32 AM   #129
swft
Founding Member

I bought my ZZR 1200 a couple weeks before Laguna Seca from the local dealer here in the Puget Sound area. Breakin was the ride down to Laguna Seca (900 miles). Picked up a Corbin seat at the show, rode around some more, really really enjoyed the smoothness and stability of the bike. Riding along the coast, the wind would often gust pretty strongly, and I would watch the bikes in front of me swerve with the wind, while I sat serenely behind then. Handling is predictable, with the bike really holding the line once you get it where you want it. Since Laguna, the bike's been all over the PNW, and one more trip down to the bay area and back. Latest addition have been the Corbin Beetle Bags and Gerbing heated clothing for those cooler days. Go to the Corbin website for pics of the ZZR with the bags.
swft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 05:48 PM   #130
DonJohnson
Founding Member

Well.....went and bought a 2002 ZZ-R1200....didn't like the 2003 color and think that the silver 2002 looks a LOT better...cleaner and more sophisticated...more classy, I guess. Got a GREAT deal from Team Bozeman in Bozeman, Montana! So far I will have to say that I REALLY like the bike...tough to keep the revs at or below 4000 RPM until 500 miles, but will have to do it for now. I do believe that the engineers that designed the thing know what they are talking about when it comes to break-in, even though many others have differing "opinions" (based on what....who knows?). The only negative so far is that the windshield produced a VERY annoying buzz that occurred at certain RPMs, but I fixed it by puttting some rubber washers between the fairing and the windshield, which required that I put longer screw in the top 2 screw holes...fine now! Love the bike so far...great power, and wonderfull low end even though 4000 RPM limit. Anyone got any qestions or comments about the ZZ-R 1200, I would be happy to hear from you...my email is dondlhmn@aol.com.
DonJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote