Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 01-25-2002, 12:27 PM   #111
tigerowner_ut
Founding Member

Default Re: 2002 Kawasaki ZZ-R1200

I do not know but it looks like the GPZ 1100 discontinued in the mid 90's is back with larger jugs. Is there really anything new here besides plastic? Do not get me wrong I love large sport tourers but I would rather have an updated Concours with new chassis, saddlebags, fuel injected zx12 engine detuned for torque, and the same comfort it now has.
tigerowner_ut is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2002, 05:52 PM   #112
Underling
Registered Member

Why would anyone want one? Well, it's the bike I'm most interested in now. I want something with tremendous acceleration, very good handling, very good braking, at least good suspension, all-day riding comfort, excellent reliability, good mileage, good styling, and it must equip hard saddlebags that look right on the bike. The ZZ-R1200 isn't out yet, so I don't know if it will possess these traits...but it might, and there's no other bike out there that fits the bill. It's potentially the perfect bike, IMHO.

More bhp and better top speed are only of import to poseurs and die-hard racers, really, since they're the only ones likely to use/see those numbers more than once or twice. I'll take a broad powerband and quick quarter mile time over a top speed in excess of 120 mph anytime.

Guess we'll know in a few months if the bike fits the bill or just doesn't have it together.
Underling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 07:43 AM   #113
MarkF3922
Founding Member

Nice looking bike....but it isn't a Hayabusa which is considered a Sport-Tour also.

Not to rag on Kawi...I had a 97 600E as my first bike and it performed flawlessly before I bought my Y2K Busa, the ULTIMATE Sportbike!
MarkF3922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 06:36 PM   #114
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: I'll bet they have no problems moving Vulcan 1500s.

NO, it isn't.
Old 02-23-2002, 08:09 PM   #115
Adrian_Leeds
Founding Member

Seems to me like Kawasaki are just using up existing stocks of ZZR1100 componentry. As someone else mentioned, this looks like being an in between bike (I own a GPZ1100 so I am not immune to buying such bikes).

For God's sake Kawasaki, put HIGHER BARS on these things. Simply terming any bike that no longer is cutting edge a 'sports tourer' does not cut it. The FJR1300 shows how these bikes should be designed.

I am disillusioned with Kawasaki - their range, their philosophy and their lack of commitment to their riders by way of a (really) active riders club (in Australia). I am not surprised or concerned that they are gene-splicing with Suzuki. They don't deserve to survive.

My next bike will be a BMW.
Adrian_Leeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 08:10 PM   #116
Adrian_Leeds
Founding Member

Default Re: Let me just get this out of the way...

Beautiful.
Adrian_Leeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 09:43 AM   #117
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: I'll bet they have no problems moving Vulcan 1500s.

Yamaha's V-Star 650 (the top selling cruiser in the entire world) outsells the VN1500 4 to 1.
Old 05-08-2002, 05:22 AM   #118
Qball
Founding Member

Default Re: GPX250

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT A 'CINDER SWITCH' IS AND WHAT IT DOES?...that would be a great help!!!...

cheers ppls
Qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 01:37 PM   #119
Z-Rod
Founding Member

Hey, I think I'm going to buy some sport tourer flava bike next. I like Kaws, will trade my ZRX-1100 which has given good service but the Yami looks a lot better thought out. The bags on this are an afterthought / abortion. If the Honda ST is 100 lbs and 20hp less than the Yami I'll be very, very tempted by it. I'd rather be shafted by the Yami's weight then chained down by the Kawi's unrefined design.

This guy:

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/03may...03fjr1300.html

has reviewed both the silver bikes- Yami and Kwak already. He prefers the Kwak as more sporting. I like the looks of the Yami more though, and the high bars, and the screen, etc.
Z-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 01:40 PM   #120
Z-Rod
Founding Member

I agree the Kawi web site sucks. Flash sucs. Doesn't eveyone "skip Flash intro" now. I wanna be able to pull EVERY photo I see, that's the fun of the web for heavens sake.
Z-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote