Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 10-01-2001, 06:01 PM   #91
aminalmutha
Founding Member

Default Re: 2002 Kawasaki ZZ-R1200

Who exactly are you referring to? Sounds like someone's kinda bitter about something.
aminalmutha is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2001, 10:40 AM   #92
Borg-Biker
Founding Member

Maybe confusion between ZX12 and ZZR1200? Or maybe he posted in a hurry and put it in the wrong spot?
Borg-Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 08:32 AM   #93
Auphliam
Founding Member

Default Re: Let me just get this out of the way...

I don't think they got the joke, MC.
Old 10-05-2001, 03:01 PM   #94
mattg
Founding Member

Putting aside all of the arguing about "my bike can kick the @* out of this bike", I have to say say that when I first saw the photo of this bike and read a little into it, I couldn't help but think that kawasaki built this bike with me in mind. I am well past the boy racer years but still like to put on a lot of miles and do it fast. Bravo Kawasaki! Now if you can just get around to updating your web-site I'll be out of gripes.
Old 10-05-2001, 08:35 PM   #95
baddog
Founding Member

Default Anyone know a trustworthy Southern Cal. Kawasaki Dealer?

Got my first ever ride on a ZX-11 today - I had no idea what a smooth motor felt like. The Connie feels like it's got gravel in the crankcase now - I'm hoping I'll get over that feeling. I've been through three Kawasaki Dealers in Southern California, and have been unimpressed by every one --

Beamount - where I bought my '00, took three hours to prep a bike that was already on the floor - but didn't check the tires or brakes (brakes didn't work)

Antelope Valley - where I live, but hate to go, just for the attitude. I went in when the R/H mirror swivel gave up. Every single person at the dealership had to look at the bike to determine the mirror was bad. And then had to argue whether it was warranty.

And finally, Saugus - who, on a major service charged $4.95 a quart for BULK oil, $8.95 for the oil filter PLUS an additional $6 for the filter O-Rings, and $6 each for new NGK plugs - that they didn't install!
baddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 09:41 AM   #96
starvingstudent
Founding Member

> No where did it say Kawasaki

Except in the title of the article, which was about a new Kawasaki motorcycle. You respond to said article, "when they build yadda yadda yadda." The antecedent to the pronoun "they" is thus automatically assumed to be Kawasaki, as you didn't provide another antecedent. Life IS a reading test, no?

As for the rest, I never bashed your choice of bike, being a Colorado mountain rider myself.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 09:43 AM   #97
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Re: EX revamp--why not a 650cc triple?

Yeah, I could pump out pipe dreams of nice bikes all day long if they'd pay me
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 10:00 PM   #98
kamikaze
Founding Member

All unsubstantiated opinions aside... does anyone have any hard facts on the ZZR? I'm ready to buy a new bike and am trying to weigh out the pros and cons on the 2002 Sport Tourers. I pray that Kawasaki's new realease is created with a lot more care than there website. Does anyone have any information on other websites or forums that specifically target either the ZZR or sport tourers in general?
kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 10:19 PM   #99
kamikaze
Founding Member

Default www.we_know_bikes_not_websites.com

I agree how can a leading motorcycle manufacturer, creating bikes with the latest in speed and handling technology, have such a crappy website. I agree that Kawasaki seems to have done a great job on this... whether the American market is ready for a sport tourer thats not built for middle aged yuppies or not. Kawasaki can place my order for their newest innovation. My hat is tipped to Kawasaki designers for building me a bike that satisifies my desire to get yanked off the back of my bike but still has the comfort to not make me desire to jump off the back after riding too long.
kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 06:42 AM   #100
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: Glad Kawazuki is making an XX. Somebody should.

You buy a new bike if you plan on keeping it. If Im going to put a ton of miles on something I want to know how it was run in and how it was maintaned.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote