Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 09-05-2001, 08:49 AM   #1
heart-of-sword
Founding Member

Default Re: MCN shows new Kawi Colors

the gold and black looks lame, but its the matter of opinion.

1st post.
heart-of-sword is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2001, 09:12 AM   #2
boxjoint
Founding Member

Let us know more about the ZZR1200 (to replace the ZX11). Follow the link on MCN web site to "Latest About New Bikes". Looks REALLY nice. Has the ZRX1200 motor in it. Headad towards the US?????
boxjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 09:18 AM   #3
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Still the ugliest sportbikes made.....

"And still I see no changes....."

----Tupac Shakur
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 09:25 AM   #4
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

Maybe I'm off base here but what's Kaw up to???

The zx11 and current (old?) zx12 were great high speed sport touring bikes - like the CBRXX and Hyabubba. Why are they trying to make the 12 more sporty? What's up with the zx9r?

To me they appear to be dropping the ball in their model distinction. Why not up the 9r to 999cc (or something) and slash the weight to compete with R1's and GSXR1000's while keeping the big bad sporty tourer zx11/12/13 or whatever.

Just my thoughts... kinda biased as I'm reaching the age where the old zx11 is looking more attractive than my GSXR11
Gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 09:38 AM   #5
cruiz-euro
Founding Member

Default Why kawa-suzu, why not kawa-harley

This is a very nice bike indeed but nothing that Suzuki could not produce. Are these two companies really adding to each others´ capabilities? In fact its HD that would benefit most by joining in with someone that is actually able to do the engineering bit.

The V-Rod is nice enough but V-Max beats it by power, torque and lightness, although it is old enough to have legally sex with in most countries.

HD´s badge & hype combined to some cutting edge, that would sell even in Europe.

cruiz-euro

cruiz-euro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 09:55 AM   #6
vmxxx
Founding Member

Default Re: Why kawa-suzu, why not kawa-harley

well, my MAX is a 97, quite modified and very quick. If you've ever had the opournitunity to whack it open on a Vmax and float the front wheel through first and second while leaving a black patch of hard earned money on the road, you just might say that is better than sex...might...however, this is still illegal in my neck of the woods...lol....I like the black...loose the gold......never been a big Kawi fan but this looks like a nice bike for some. I rode my buddy's new ZX12 two days ago and was impressed with it's feel. nice ride but not as sporty as an R1 by any means (I have one). A great sport tourrer for sure...IMHO....for what that's worth...lol
vmxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 10:00 AM   #7
DialedIN
Founding Member

The big question is, will we even see any of these bikes or colors in the states!
DialedIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 10:57 AM   #8
evilgenius
Founding Member

Anybody know anything about the direction Kawi's taking with the ZX-7R? Rumors have been circulating from all fronts that either there'll be a totally-new Superbike platform to be unveiled at this year's Milan show or discontinue the ZX-7R (carry-over remaining '01 models to be used solely to support race teams in '02)?

Another rumor has Kawi concentrating on a 4-stroker to enter GP racing in '03 (hence, the reason for carrying-over remaining '01 models). Guess we'll have to wait until the Milan show. By the way, check out Yamaha's new R1 teaser banner at their website.
evilgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 11:02 AM   #9
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

A few updates and Bold New Graphics on the ZX 12. Yawn. When are you guys going to break the really big news, like the new MZ 125? Also, I've noticed a remarkable lack of interest on your part in the Ural or the Rokon.
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 12:16 PM   #10
blademan
Founding Member

It seems like the site has gone downhill since the pay stuff came about. No offense guys at all but damn! The content quality has sucked bigtime for a few months now. I donated and don't feel like I am getting my monies worth.
blademan is offline   Reply With Quote