Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 09-06-2001, 04:14 AM   #21
TheBoss
Founding Member

Default Re: MCN shows new Kawi Colors

The Busa is slightly faster – by a couple of mph. This might not seem like much but Kawasaki’s aim was to make the fastest road bike but sadly failed. I know the ZX9 is not a tugboat (a slight exaggeration on my behalf!) it’s a great bike and anybody would be happy with one but it’s just not as good as the opposition…the ZX9 was always a step behind domination. It has a long way to go to be anywhere near the GSXR. The R1 & Blade are getting major updates for 02 so the old kwacker will be left further behind…
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2001, 06:16 AM   #22
hdpetey
Founding Member

I applaud Kawi for making a sport bike with a nice clean look and without the abundance of cheezy stickers. Too many of the Japanese sport bike manufacturers, ie. Suzuki add too many cheezy teenie bopper stickers. The Kawis look nice and clean like a VFR.
hdpetey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 06:34 AM   #23
speeddemons
Founding Member

POINTLESS.......You are full of El Kawi poopoo!!!! As an owner of many Kawi's and Suzuki's the ZX 12 R is a bunch better than any bike I ever rode including my Hayabusa which gets BLOWN away by the 12!. Do'nt believe the mags. They are obviously looking now at a different angle than the mainstream. Bikes that are very powerful yet a FUN things to ride on the streets without having to get a full time chiropractor as you wife.
speeddemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 06:36 AM   #24
speeddemons
Founding Member

Agreed 100%
speeddemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 08:29 AM   #25
HyperBusa
Founding Member

Aside from the fact that this news is already 4 days old (perhaps older), I'm glad Kawi cleaned up the horrific Hoover Air-intake Snorkel (HAS) on the 12R. Looks much cleaner now. I like the blue...the black/gold (kind of like the Muzzy Raptor) will take some getting used to.
HyperBusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 08:01 PM   #26
Arrow
Registered Member

I've read tests where ZX12R was faster and other where Busa was faster so the difference is probably up to the rider or other factors. Kawasaki's error was claiming to blow away the Busa and not living up to this hype. If they simply said "look this is the way we interpret a super GT motorcycle" then nobody would've been disappointed. A major mistake which was reflected in sales. But I find ZX12R quite attractive (as well as Hayabusa) and if I had enough money I could think about buying one.
Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 01:03 AM   #27
TheBoss
Founding Member

Fair enough I have never ridden a Busa or a 12 and cannot say from first hand experience which is faster but I can only go by the many the many tests I have read and the majority say the Busa is faster. These mags test the two bikes back to back on the same day location, conditions etc. and the Suzi reads on average 194mph and the 12R 189mph. The Kawa may have more outright BHP but the Busa has more torque which is what its all about for a big engine – the Kawa is peaky for a 1200. The Suzi also has better carburetion - the Kawa has a jerky on off throttle response (hopefully cured in this new version – so Kawa are admitting it has a problem and are fixing it). I fully respect anyone who buys a 12R – it is a mad, bad bike and lots prefer its looks to the Busa…..whatever, they are both great bikes.
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2001, 06:29 AM   #28
eljefe
Founding Member

damn thing looks like some kinda freaky tecno-organic bug if ya ask me. Bulging eyes (headlamps) long wide mouth (intake) and that wack black and gold paint. I'm gonna have nightmares for months.
eljefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 10:57 AM   #29
aboosa
Founding Member

I like the new zx-12r and am considering trading my Hayabusa for one since I feel the busa' is starting to get old and sometimes I wish I had a shorter wheelbase and the ability to adjust the ride height, and pull some wicked wheelies and cool out-of-turn exits. As far as the paint schemes on the new Kawasaki's - I think the red is nice and so is the blue - the black and gold looks cheap, especially the gold since it looks like spray paint. I do think it needs some type of schemes or stickers or maybe even another color on these schemes to offset it a little, the person that thinks stickers are cheesy is probably because there to old to be riding sport bikes anyways and should be riding a Harley! My overall observation is that ALL the new sportbikes are starting to look alike in some way or another.
aboosa is offline   Reply With Quote