Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 07-17-2001, 07:42 AM   #91
95XV1100
Founding Member

Default Re: Vulcan 1500 Mean Streak

Yamaha better update the V-max here, or there's gonna be trouble? We are not talking apples with apples here. The V-max is a rare breed. A true muscle bike, not a sport bike, not a muscle cruiser. The V-max (still) would leave any of the subject bikes here panting at the start line. Just my 2 cents
95XV1100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2001, 03:03 AM   #92
mdpeterson
Founding Member

Default Re: New Harley VR

old habits die hard... mark
mdpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 11:40 AM   #93
305Bill
Founding Member

The word is already out! Just not on this website....Its called the Firebolt by Buell. Its listed at Motorcyclenews.com yesterday. Fuel in the frame, oil in the swingarm, and it looks like a cross between an X1 and FZ1. Something like 100+ HP, 74 foot pounds torque, and lighter weight. Check it out!
305Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 04:56 PM   #94
max-9
Founding Member

is it really called the "mean streak" ? golly ,gosh and gee wiz . imagine going into a biker bar and telling bubba and the gang you ride a "mean streak" imagine the respect youll get .with a name like that, just ride with a "kick me" sign taped to your back .
max-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2001, 09:56 AM   #95
xcelr8
Founding Member

I agree they could have spent a little more time on the name. However, I can easily overlook the name after seeing the bike in person. I was originally looking at the blue VTX sitting on floor and as I was walking over to the desk to pick up the plates for my new CBR600F4i, I did a double take at a bike that caught my eye sitting on the left side of the isle. I thought, 'Wow, now THAT's a good looking bike.' I had to stop and push it out in the middle of the isle so I could get a better look. I didn't see ANYTHING I didn't like. The back tire looked like it came off a R1, it has a beautiful 'tear-drop' style seat, the handle bars felt great and it has a speedo and tach. I looked at it and back at the VTX and thought I'm going to have to change my mind. The salesman said he's ridden both the VTX and the M.S. and he actually enjoyed the M.S. more. Sure the VTX is more powerful, but the lighter and sportier feel made the M.S. a pure joy to ride. There's a lot of negative comments about the bike not being up to par on the performance compared to some of the other new offerings, but I'll give up some g's for a more 'all-around' pleasing bike to ride. I've owned a Valkyrie in the past, so I know what to expect from the performance of the VTX (since the Valk is faster than the VTX in the 1/4 mile, but slower top-end). To me they all seem a little slow compared to the other bikes I've owned (ZX-9R, R1 and F4i to a degree), so give me something that's just a pleasure to ride! The only problem is my wife says I have to wait until '02 to buy a second bike to sit beside my F4i - which I'm not parting with.
xcelr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 05:06 PM   #96
leach7
Founding Member

Harley and "reasonable price" just dont go together. The name "Harley-Davidson" automatically adds a couple grand to the cost of a bike. I wouldn't call a 17 grand list price for a V-Rod reasonable.
leach7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 12:10 PM   #97
LARRY104
Founding Member

IF THIS BIKE WERE BUTT UGLY, IT WOULD STILL BE ATTRACTIVE. FORTUNATELY, ITS NOT BUTT UGLY, ANYTHING BUT. HAVING NOW PUT ABOUT A THOUSAND MILES ON A NEW MEAN STREAK, THAT I BOUGHT FOR MY WIFE, I THINK I'M GOING TO HAVE TO HAVE ONE FOR MYSELF. THIS IS THE EASIEST BIKE TO RIDE SINCE THE 250 CC AT THE MSF BEGINNNERS CLASS. ITS GOT HANDLING, COOL STYLE AND SUFFICIENT POWER. WOW!!!!
LARRY104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 03:40 PM   #98
Torquemonster
Founding Member

Power Cruiser, yeah, I say my Intruder 1500LC would smoke this thing! Plus it's a lot more roomy & comfortable.
Torquemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 03:20 PM   #99
Torquemonster
Founding Member

I say my Suzuki 1500 Intruder LC would smoke this thing, I've got Cobra pipes and it's been rejetted but is otherwise stock. Mean Streak, pleeeeaase!!!
Torquemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 03:21 PM   #100
fishinaggie78
Founding Member

Been on both - but you're so wrong Suzukimongous. On long trip comfort, you win though but so what, there's others that have you beat by a mile. For pure overall enjoyment, including all cruiser qualities ( put joy+ thrill + looks --- OK throwout the name) the mean streaker is fairly fine all around. BUT that's only an opinion and you know what they say about those! Oh and by the way, the 1400 Intrusion will leave your 15oo and you behind in a much bigger cloud of smoke. Don't own any of these bikes, but I like 'em all and have ridden all also. You ought to try one out before making such a statement based on a corny name. Ain't lookin' for no fight or a pissin' contest either way.
fishinaggie78 is offline   Reply With Quote