Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 04-20-2001, 08:37 AM   #41
Philbiker
Founding Member

Default I think that bike is freaking hilarious.

You guys dissing it can go ahead, but I think it's pretty funny. Motorcycles as accessories? Why not?!
Philbiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2001, 08:46 AM   #42
minime
Founding Member

Default Re: I think that bike is freaking hilarious.

Exactly. That's kinda the point. Whether or not somebody's interpretation meets yours exactly, who are we to say they're wrong?

Thanks Phil
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 08:53 AM   #43
Haru
Founding Member

Default Re: Swarovski ZX-12R

For one thing, the $12k is a price nobody has had to pay except the ones who placed their order before the bike arrived in showrooms. the $12k price was just a marketing thing becaus the 12 had to list for a higher price than the 9.

As far as the quality goes, that is bullsh!t splattered around by Motorcyclist. The bike isn't built like a faberge egg, but it is certainly in line with other japanese bikes in the $10,000 price range. For one thing, it is no worse built than a CBR929RR.

I am shocked at the unprofessional behaviour of some magazines and its unproportional impact of buyers. I have ridden both the ZX12 and the hayabusa. They both have strengths and weaknesses. They are close enough in quality and performance that any prospective buyer can make the decision based on the personality of each bike, the looks, brand loyalty, balance of sportiness vs. comfort etc. Yet, listen to the journos and watch the way the magazines dismissed the 12 off hand but can't stop pathetically fawning over the hayabusa, and I can't help but think that these people are far from un-prejudiced, emotionaly-detached judges.

I don't bother reading many magazines and I don't think much of comparison tests, any more not even on MO. The magazines represent the prejudice and frailty of the journos, not fact or wise judgement.
Haru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 09:04 AM   #44
two_wheels
Founding Member

thats one fo the stupidest things ive ever seen done to a bike.......what a shame.......
two_wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 10:02 AM   #45
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

What... you never saw the Swiss leather covered FZR 1000? Where you been?
Gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 10:24 AM   #46
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

Default Re: I think that bike is freaking hilarious.

Aw, come on, minime! You're making me feel guilty for my narrow minded and prejudiced comments about what I think everyone else should think is cool.

Gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 11:11 AM   #47
streetlegal
Founding Member

Darling! I think it's absolutely FABULOUS. I'm so tired of these boring racer replica graphics and tacky vinyl decal jobs you know. This is something different. Something tasteful. I simply must have one!
streetlegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 11:14 AM   #48
metal
Founding Member

What demographic would that be? Retarded children?
metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 01:17 PM   #49
Bob
Founding Member

Default Re: Kwacker Crap

IT LOOKS PAINFULL TO RIDE!!
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 01:38 PM   #50
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Default Re: Here we go......

Additionally... This country has believed for a long time that speech should be free. Therefore, chasj1 has the right to express his displeasure at someone using his deity's name in vain, and others have the right to tell him to take a flying leap. Personally I believe that if you want free speech (and I do) then you have to take the bad with the good. That's just the way it works. Appealing to people's better natures is foolish or worse, since on the whole, they haven't got one. Now all of you quit bickering and read your motorcycle magazine, another product of free speech.