Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 04-20-2001, 04:03 AM   #21
Shaft
Founding Member

Default Re: Now wait a minute...

It's "christian" wackos like you, chasj1, that give the other normal ones a bad name. If you think your neat little post against taking God's name in vain will make a difference in someones life, think again... I bet your one of those idiots with a fish or Jesus sticker on your car, right? Leading the lost people of america to Christ with advertisements? When the end comes God will probably tell you what a fool you were for that kind of crap.
Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2001, 04:22 AM   #22
Haru
Founding Member

Default Re: Swarovski ZX-12R

Actually, Kawasaki are directly responsible for this. I wonder why they are trying to demolish whatever the american press has left standing of the ZX-12R's reputation....

Supposedly its going to be featured in fashion advertisements and music videos. Maybe they are trying to catch the attention of a new demographic.
Haru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 04:22 AM   #23
Haru
Founding Member

call most any dealer and ask for a price on left over '00 models. There is a $1k cashback from Kawasaki, on top of any deal you can work out. Most of the '00 models are going Out-The-Door for about $9000.

If the dealer you call isn't on the ball, call another one. or go to the ZX-12R section of <ul>www.labusas.org[/list]and post a message asking if anybody can recommend a dealer with left over '00s at a good price.
Haru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 04:40 AM   #24
draz
Founding Member

That could be the stupidest thing I've ever seen. If it takes covering a perfectly good sportbike in crystals and surounding it with morons like minime to get the mainstream press to be interested in bikes, I'd rather they pay attention to something else.

I would like to see somebody lay it down at about 90mph to see what kind of sparks it would make though...
draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 05:19 AM   #25
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Here we go......

Man, who are we to argue with such a learned theologian as yourself? Perhaps the point isn't to make a difference in someone's life, but to make a difference in the language used on this message board. Presumeably you believe in God, as you have made the assumption that there will be an end, and at that point God will be assessing the situation. Given your attitude, I would be more concerned. There are those of us that know that Jesus died to save us from our sins. It is extremely aggravating to hear someone use His name as a casual expletive.

P.S. Yes, I have a "Jesus fish" on the back of my black, LT1-V8-powered, lifted, bumpin' Jeep.

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this country was founded not by religionists, but by Christians, and not on religion, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here."

--------Patrick Henry
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 05:24 AM   #26
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Hat's off Swarovski!!

An excellent attempt at the gayest thing to do to a motorcycle.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 05:36 AM   #27
RonXX
Founding Member

Maybe the lack of demand has something to do with the 2000 mile break in period, or the fact that the oil needs to be a quart less than the prescribed amount for proper performance. Yeah, that bike is a deal at 9K, but 12K is outrageous (for a Japanese bike anyway). I think that Kawi let everyone down with the 12R because a top of the line bike should have the highest quality craftsmanship, which this bike certainly doesn't.
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 05:45 AM   #28
rpsez
Founding Member

You guys are all missing the point...Can you say 'turbulators'??... Looks like the cat's out of the bag.

R
rpsez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 06:01 AM   #29
Chester
Founding Member

>>Yeah, that bike is a deal at 9K, but 12K is >>outrageous (for a Japanese bike anyway).

Who makes better bikes than the Japanese? What country made the 2000 GP and World Superbike champions? Japan. What countries bikes are worth more than 12K then when theirs arent? Italy? Yeah right. Italian bikes have become the posers bike of choice, so have at it buster.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 06:11 AM   #30
chopperdog
Founding Member

They didn't pick a Harley. The tackiest bike in years is not a hog, it's a sport bike. Well, except for that Softail with breasts and legs I saw at Daytona. Bad taste knows no brand.
chopperdog is offline   Reply With Quote