Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 04-23-2007, 03:59 AM   #31
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: A Ridgeline??????????

They suck on road driving dynamics?? The only comparo that I ever saw Ridgeline to take part, it won. And because it, er, did not handle like a truck. This is what Car and Driver says:

"Driving dynamics are a high priority to Honda, so a stiff unibody chassis and a four-wheel independent suspension were necessary to give the Ridgeline a best-in-class ride."

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2007, 05:22 AM   #32
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: R. Lee Ermey-Narrated KLR650 Love Fest

I used up my envy the time was firing the recoiless rifle.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:46 AM   #33
ksquid
Banned

First it was motorcycles, then cars, then trucks, and now NASCAR. When will Detroit learn?
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:54 AM   #34
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

The problem that I (and anyone I've talked-to that dislikes it) have with the vehicle ISN'T that it's not a "real truck". Rather, it's because the Ridgeline is a USELESS truck - along with the Avalanche, that Nissan thingamajig, the Ford Explorer (new), etc.

It's even-more useless than the standard quad-cab pickups (which at least have some semblance of a bed), or even a "standard SUV".

You can't haul anything in the bed; you can't haul anything inside; it's worthless.

The damn thing is a kpaul.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:38 AM   #35
anrajala
Founding Member

OK AirHawk if you say they are not real truck or they are useless, that's a perfectly valid opinion. But if someone says

"also just flat friggin SUCK in their on road driving dynamics. Body roll, pitch and squat"

when in fact its tested the best riding truck on the road, well, sorry to say, this crosses from opinion to pure lies department.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:03 AM   #36
priday
Founding Member

Dude... get in one, go down the road at about 45 mph, and wiggle the wheel back and forth a little, and the thing starts to pivot around it'a vertical axis like a 78 LTD... left/rignt/left transitions are just friggin spooky.

Anyway, most magazine articles (the Mighty C&D included) have a little bias. the Honda won cause it was the new thing on the block, and it was made Honda.

once again, look at their sales figures. they are an alternative to "Trucks". not a Truck.

~Rob

Horsepower is an illusory mathmatical equation; Torque is Real, and is the source of all good things in the world.
priday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:07 AM   #37
priday
Founding Member

"Ride" and "Driving Dynamics" are NOT the same thing. A Lincoln Town Car has a good ride. A BMW has good Driving Dynamics. They are cushy, and comfortable (I didn't like the 6- or 8-inch lip you have to get your foot over to get out of the vehicle, and other sniggly things...), and are great going down the road, but when you have to accelerate, brake, or turn, they suck. IMNSHO. (grin)

~Rob

Horsepower is an illusory mathmatical equation; Torque is Real, and is the source of all good things in the world.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:16 AM   #38
priday
Founding Member

Further, the pure lies part is a little harsh, dontcha think? I was just describing my multiple experiences actually driving the things, experienced thru the critical eyes of someone that works in the industry, with particular attention payed to the specifics of the driving experience. True, I was looking for faults, but that does not change the fact that I found some shortfalls in the specific categories that I listed.

Go drive one, perform the routine that I described, and then let's compare notes. Just because Car and Driver put it #1 in the comparo does NOT make it bulletproof. They are entitled to their opinions, they just get paid for them, unlike me...

Once again, look at their sales figures.

And DAMN, Don't EVEN get me started on the new Tundra...

`Rob

Old 04-23-2007, 08:01 AM   #39
Buzglyd
Founding Member

What's wrong with the new Tundra?

There, I got you started.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:08 AM   #40
seruzawa
The Toad

C&D is good for testing automobiles. As far as I'm concerned their evaluation of trucks is far too biased towards how they perform as cars. I'd be more interested in how well a Ridgeline hanles a half yard of topsoil. Oops. It can't handle any cargo, can it?

I do like C&D's standard for testing cargo capacity = number of cases of beer.

A friend of mine went and test drove a Tundra. He goes offroading a lot so he drove it to a nearby field and pressed the 4WD button. It refused to go into 4WD. He drove it back to the dealership and never looked back at it.