Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 04-05-2007, 03:29 PM   #21
FalcoSC
Founding Member

Default Re: A ZX14 Scratched My Sport Tourer Itch, But...

Go to the ZX14 forum and ask the experts

http://www.zx14ninja.com/phpbb2/index.php

I've got Yoshimura titanium slip-ons with the silencer baffles. Not much louder than stock and dropped about 20 lbs. Without a PC remapping it backfires coasting down through 3700 rpm. That doesn't bother me.

I've got soft saddlebags. Thinking about getting some new soft bags from newenough.com. I can cram 4 small bags of groceries in the soft bags.

I love the bike. It's very stable at triple digit speeds, and very smooth and stable at all speeds. It's flickable enough and very fun in the twisties.

Helibars makes a spacer kit that raises the stock clip-ons about 3/4" and back 3/8" and makes the geometry just about perfect for me at 6'-0".
FalcoSC is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2007, 09:27 AM   #22
BorgBiker
Registered Member

Default Re: A ZX14 Scratched My Sport Tourer Itch, But...

I thought the same thing about the Busa it's first year. Now I kinda like them (but they still aren't pretty!)

Someone should create a replcement panel for the 14's Testarossa side gills. Just cleaning up that area would do wonders for the overall look.
BorgBiker is offline   Reply With Quote