Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 03-06-2007, 05:46 PM   #41
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: Kawasaki Concours 14 with Variable Valve Timing!

Which is only 2% less than if you rode without a helmet.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #42
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: U.S. Kawasaki Concours 14 Videos

Go to www.kawasaki.com, click on "Motorcycles" then click on "Sport" then select "Concours 14" and once you're at the Concours 14 page, click the "Photos & Videos" tab. That's all there is to it.

Here's a DIRECT LINK if if you still can't find the videos.

-Sean
Old 03-06-2007, 07:57 PM   #43
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Not as complex as you'd think & Easy to maintain.

Explanation: 2008 Kawasaki Concours™ 14 Variable Valve Timing (VVT) System

This animation shows a cut-away of the variable timing actuator which is located at the end of the intake camshaft. A key-component of the 2008 Concours™ 14’s new Variable Valve Timing (VVT) system, this variable timing actuator is hydraulically-powered using low-pressure engine oil modulated through an oil control valve (OCV). The OCV controls the direction of oil flow inside the variable timing actuator housing which causes the camshaft to advance or retard through an operating range of 23.8 degrees. The entire process is orchestrated by the Concours 14’s 32-bit Electronic Control Unit (ECU) which determines the ideal intake cam timing by analyzing data from the crank position, camshaft position, throttle position and water temperature sensors in real-time.

Sure, itÂ’s a lot to keep track of, but the surprise is that this system actually has very few moving parts and since itÂ’s operated at low-pressure, it will function consistently and reliably regardless of engine oil condition. In other words, the Concours 14Â’s VVT system is complex to engineer and manufacture, yet simple to operate and maintain.

Once it's built, no further tuning or adjusting of this system is needed. Valve adjustments require no additional effort and involve the same complexity as any other non-VVT DOHC 16-valve inline-four.

-Sean

Old 03-06-2007, 08:30 PM   #44
Islandcomm
Registered Member

I think Kawi should have kept the original looks of the current Concours and put the new motor in it.

</p>
Oh bloody 'ell....
Islandcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:31 PM   #45
saaz
Registered Member

I have an ST11 and my life is simple. Change the oil and filter sometimes, every 5 years coolant, 100,000kms or so, or 10 years, do a bit of other maintenance.
saaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:33 PM   #46
priday
Founding Member

I had a customer that's an ER Doctor, and he refers to the vehicles that we ride as "Donorcycles"

~Rob

Horsepower is an illusory mathmatical equation; Torque is Real, and is the source of all good things in the world.
priday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:34 PM   #47
saaz
Registered Member

I have been following all this for months, price is still speculation (around or less than the FJR many hope), not even basic specs like fuel capacity and weight are yet available. The bike has seemingly been in pre-production mode for months, so they may tell us details once it is ready to be made in quantity.
saaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:41 PM   #48
priday
Founding Member

Doh! You're supposed to ride it every day!

~Rob

Horsepower is an illusory mathmatical equation; Torque is Real, and is the source of all good things in the world.
priday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:57 PM   #49
seruzawa
The Toad

But there's only a 50/50 chance of that.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:29 PM   #50
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: U.S. Kawasaki Concours 14 Videos

I clicked on the "babes" link and saw a bunch of pictures of you. My eyes started bleeding and I'll never be the same again.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote