Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 10-10-2005, 11:15 AM   #21
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

Default Re: I Give Up!

>

Did you get that from the US Department of pulling statistics out our A$$es?
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2005, 11:19 AM   #22
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

Cars and other Harleys.
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 12:19 PM   #23
bowtydaddy
Registered Member

Never buy a bike you've already owned, life is just to dammed short
Old 10-10-2005, 02:28 PM   #24
sarnali
Founding Member

That would be my guess......

I don't give a f**k myself, if Japan makes the best electronics or carbs, then that's what I want on there. Most major componants and castings are made here, the bikes are assembled here buy American union labor for a good living wage. And the vast majority of the money stays here, I think Victories are really nice bikes and one I may consider at some point. They certainly look sharp and have their own unique style as opposed to some manufactures who are quite content to knock off carbon copies all day long.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 03:36 PM   #25
Vlad
Registered Member

Default Cruiser Comparos

Try looking at motorcycle cruiser.com. They have comparos posted for free.

The Suzuki 800cc bikes are nice machines, winners of many comparos and surprisingly potent for a smaller engined cruiser.

FC
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 04:36 PM   #26
anrajala
Founding Member

Get a recent second hand Valk. Its got the looks, its got the power, its got the torq, its silky smooth, it won the power cruiser comparo.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 03:43 PM   #27
Bheckel169
Founding Member

Thanks for all your input. I did take the advice of one of our friendly posters and took a look at the Victory Line. I am very impressed with the victory 8-Ball. Entry level price (if $13,399 is entry level) and I liked the styling, improved engine for 2006 and the nice rake and chopper effect with the front tire. Took it out and thought the skinny wheel would start darting at 70 mph, but it was solid and I was cutting corners with lots of confidence in no time. I am very impressed with this line of motorcycles. Very innovative and a little different than the norm. Seems to me this is a company to be reckoned with. Anyway, now mulling it over and getting ready to make the plunge. Thanks for your help. I'll let you know what I decide.

Bheckel169
Bheckel169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 05:25 PM   #28
mii54ws
Founding Member

I am 68 and have a very bad back; back operaion 30 years ago, followed by motocross abuse, and 16 previous motorcycles that were less than gentle. My 2005 1600 Vulcan with a Mustang seat/backrest AND a Air Hawk modified with a 3 density foam cushion on top if it AND a sheep skin cover over all. SWEET RIDE. Cobra lightbar, and with the stock bags, it's a joy to ride. 7600 miles in 5 months. It starts then runs all day without complaints or glitches. Fuel mileage with the big flat screen and bags is only 35 mpg. But what a pleasure to ride. Oh, it has adjustable rebound (and therefore compression) damping, air adjustable preload both ends. FI, shaft drive and water cooled; why screw with over heating aircooled V-twins. That's my $0.02.
mii54ws is offline   Reply With Quote