Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 09-22-2005, 06:48 AM   #11
Akuma007
Founding Member

Default Re: 2005 Kawasaki Dealer Show Highlights

Even as a proud owner of a 10r, that new 650 is mighty exciting. Might have to stretch to get one. Hell, I love Kawasaki bikes.....let's see if a dealer will let a 12r go for cheap!!

Akuma007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2005, 07:34 AM   #12
Tigercub
Founding Member

The ZX14 looks like a four-corners bike to me.

So the Hayden are going to riding against Matt MMLLLLadin next year. May finally be an interesting US Superbike season.

I'll take a KLX 250. Where to put it? Forget the stupid scooters. Bolt an orange crate on the back and you're good to go.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:05 AM   #13
boballen
Founding Member

Yeah but. . . No more ZRX1200R, no more ZZR1200. Sad day indeed.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:11 AM   #14
oldtim
Founding Member

Enjoy. I can't imagine riding one of these monsters. I mean these are so fast one can't begin to take advantage of the power, not to mention how fast one could get in to serious trouble. Don't get me wrong, if others want 'em fine. I am sure that in my younger days I would have been all over this like fuz on a peach!
oldtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:24 AM   #15
VR1000racer
Founding Member

Anybody know anything about Eric Bostrum racing for Yamaha on an R1 in superbike?
VR1000racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:34 AM   #16
gas_pig
Founding Member

No more ZRX1200R? Really? Well that is indeed sad news.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:42 AM   #17
gas_pig
Founding Member

The new KLX250 is a much better woods bike. Modern suspension and an electric start for about the same weight as the ole' KLR250. All that and not so high strung as aftermarket WR250 dualsport bike (not as fast either of course).

My buddy is pleasantly suprised by this release as he is looking to replace is weary but very dependable early 90's Honda XR250L. He could easily ride a 400cc dualsport, but they're too tall for him and a 650cc is no woods weapon. Watching him try to foot down while riding my DRZ is not enjoyable.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:10 AM   #18
boballen
Founding Member

Yup. Own a Z-Rex, too. Big torque UJMs are way cool and I've always liked the classic looks. It's a pity to see the end of the line for that motor.

Unfortunately, the magazines only talk about what is new, peak horsepower, and track crap. Like it matters in the real world; where its about riding and not fashion statements or herd metality.

My old back and historical beverage consumption makes the plastic-covered street racers irrelevant. I tried the V-twin butt jewelry and still don't get it. So I'm back to what I know and it seems the popular press has left me behind.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:57 AM   #19
acura
Founding Member

Out at Ducati for sure - Yamaha isn't too competitive elsewhere.
acura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 02:51 PM   #20
jimmihaffa
Founding Member

I think Kawasaki has historically "preserved" the shelf life of some of their more dated designs in order to cover a wider range of motorcycle options for the consumer. It's strange that they have dropped the ZRX and ZX12 from their lineup as clearly there are no "tool up" costs involved in manufacturing those bikes. If you believe what you read, there are still some interested buyers for those machines. My speculation is that Kawasaki has some really cool replacement models in the pipeline and wants their motorbikes to appear as leading edge designs on the showroom floor, particularly in those dealerships selling the japanese competition's models. So it's out with the old even before the new has arrived.
jimmihaffa is offline   Reply With Quote