Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 03-07-2005, 11:52 AM   #1
YellowDuck
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawi 2-Stroke Triple @ Deal's Gap Anyone?

Weeee! First Post, first time.

Anyway, sounds like a really poor combination of bike and road.

YellowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2005, 12:13 PM   #2
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

You should go Sean. I used to own a H1 and the GPz chassis is quite a bit more corner friendly than than the stock triple runniing gear. Not exactly sure that the more peaky race motor would be a great idea though. Any way, my guess is that you would smoke everybody else there. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 12:20 PM   #3
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Not only should you go, you should ride it there. I'll follow on the geezer glide or maybe my truck would be a better idea.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 12:51 PM   #4
SuperBill
Founding Member

How appropriate. K-waker two strokes in the SMOKEY mountains.
SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 02:17 PM   #5
mile_eater
Founding Member

Everyone should ride the Dragon. Its like God himself ordered the perfect motorcycle road built...

and so it was.

Keep to the Tennessee side though... you can tell.... because the Tennessee side always looks freshly paved... While the North Carolina side looks like something you'd find in Michigan.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:57 PM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Everyone should ride a Kwacker 750 Triple at least once. If only to learn just how far frames, brakes and suspensions have come.... and how weak 4-stroke engines are. A hour or two buzzing up and down a twisty road would have most people begging for mercy.... heck even 15 minutes would be enough.

Sean, you go. I've done my time.

Old 03-07-2005, 04:31 PM   #7
HarryMyhre
Founding Member

buzzing reminds me more of Vespas... When I was in high school I used to see Kawi 500 and 750 triples. I think someone wrote here "the devil's chainsaw" - much more apt description of the sound!
HarryMyhre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 05:38 PM   #8
gceaves
Registered Member

If you're talking 2-strokes, you need to ride an Izh. Izhs were the best-selling Soviet motorcylce for many years. Heaps and heaps of 'em were made. You can find bits and pieces of them all over; great for spares. They're built by the same industrial conglomerate that makes Kalashnikov automatic rifles.

There are a few different Izhs, but they all represent the pinnacle of Soviet engineering: single cylinder, 350cc, 2-stroke combustion. You have to mix oil with your petrol when you fill the tank. They kick out something like 20hp. You can cruise comfortably at about 60kph or more. They're tough and can carry a whole house strapped to the back. Some of 'em have cargo sidecars.

I rode one for a week across parts of Mongolia to Lake Baikal. Mine was held together with string and caulk. It broke often, but we always fixed it.

gceaves

Hyosung GV250

Seoul, Korea
gceaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 12:39 AM   #9
DragonF6
Registered Member

Default H1 Memories...sigh

Had the tangerine orange '72...many nice memories. Fast as hell with a personality all it's own. When you twisted the throttle you never quite knew what would happen...did many the unintentional wheelie. Packed it up and took trips all over. Was living in New York City at the time, survived potholes and homicidal taxi drivers.

Wish I would have kept it. Hmmm...Ebay has the exact bike up for bid right now for $1,700. Nah...you can't go back...I'll just keep the memories.
DragonF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 02:11 AM   #10
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: H1 Memories...sigh

Of course you can go back. The sounds and smells are the same. The sight of all those fins, the width of the crankcase, those hideous waffle grips, etc. will still stir your soul. Sure, the ride may get you killed, but there is nothing that can reproduce the sound and smell of the 2-stroke from hell. I prefer the sound of the fully muffled version. The expansion chambers just hurt too much. Mix in a little sweet smelling two stroke oil and suddenly its 1970.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote