Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 03-08-2005, 04:08 AM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Kawi 2-Stroke Triple @ Deal's Gap Anyone?

Well, to be honest, when riding one of those things I was too white-knuckle terrified by the boost and the "handling" to pay much attention to the sound it made.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2005, 05:34 AM   #12
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

With all those old Kawasakis it'll really be the "smokey mountains".

I like the way they idle (when equiped with chambers) RAK A CLAK CLAK CLAK...

Race it Sean, I've got a vintage can of Blenzall gold you can use. Fragrant smoke.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:39 AM   #13
FloridaSteve
Founding Member

Default I'll be there!

I will be attending for the third time and recently informed my wife that mid-may will be off the clock for the rest of my life or as long as this meet continues! It's an absolute blast!
Old 03-08-2005, 05:43 AM   #14
pushrod
Founding Member

I was up there two years ago (when a Subaru and I had an argument on whether I had sole ownership of my lane) and saw these guys. When a pack of them took off up the road from the Resort, you couldn't see anything for the smoke. It was great! The sound made your hair stand on end.

Then, of course, is the guy that builds the H1/H2 and H1/H1 bikes. Seeing those six pipes hanging off the back will get your attention!

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 05:49 AM   #15
FloridaSteve
Founding Member

Default Oh by the way...

It's not just Kawi Triples (although it is their gig) There are also a ton of RD400/350's. A large turnout of Suzuki strokers (Buffalo's, T500 etc...) There's also usually a few RZ500's, Aprilla RS250's (made legal) and even a few small cc strokers like Derbi's and small 60cc RD's. The small bike do surprisingly well with thir high cornering speeds. There will be folks attending from as far away as Australia anf Great Britan. It's and old-school event that has to be attended to b believed.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:55 AM   #16
blitz
Founding Member

In the Spring of 1978 when I was 17, I started work as a mechanic at a motorcycle shop. My first demo bike was an orange H2. I was was stopped 3x in three days by the cops, mostly out of curiosity as I was never ticketed. That thing was a gas. Given what was out there in 1978, it didn't seem all bad. At least it had a disc brake.

What was weird was the day we sold it, the shop owner came back and said, "I sold the

H2. Put this 4.60x18 knobby on the back."

"Huh, are you SURE?"

"Yeah, just do it. I'll explain later."

As a good employee, I put that tire on, helped the guy load the bike into his truck, and off he went.

After the bike was gone, I asked what the deal was. My boss said that people held "field meets," that they they drag raced these things in the grass.

Good luck. With a Yokohama ribbed front tire,

getting that thing slowed down would have been interesting.

I never saw that H2 again, but the image is still fresh in my mind. It just SO weird to see an H2 with a knobby tire.
blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 07:31 AM   #17
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Speaking of cool 2 strokes

Check this out RZ500
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 09:55 AM   #18
maladg
Registered Member

Well, skeeters won't be a problem on that day!

I had a green tank 74 H-1. My best bud of that time had a red tank (75?) H-1. He still has it and it runs. Also rode an H-2 a couple of times AND rode a white tank '69. The first gen H-1 was an experience I'd wish on nobody...even the unmissed Kook. The H-2 - well, everybody should have had the chance!

BTW, H-1's had possibly the most evil seat ever designed. Not for human butts.

And those surface gap plugs - I wonder how many I fouled...even running the stink out of it.

Ahh, and then I graduated to a 75 Z-1B, but in ALton Brown's words, "that is another show",
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 10:04 AM   #19
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Bet an Izhs is a cheap Jawa knock-off.

Nice thing about Russian stuff, it may be un-relaiable, but you can fix it with twine, scotch tape, gum, etc.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:44 AM   #20
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: Speaking of cool 2 strokes

hmmm, that thing looks a tad suspicious. vaguely looks like raced for 20 yrs, left in basement, and recently reassembled from ebay parts. not to cast aspersions of course...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote