Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 01-16-2005, 05:28 AM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Factory Kawasaki hires a MN girl

Didn't take him long to get right back to form. He started right in the the "longride censorship" bullshyt. So much for "lurking and learning". Honor his promise?? Not a chance.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2005, 06:34 AM   #22
memery748
Registered Member

The "why don't we see more woman racing" question is a good one. It can't be because of height. Plenty of fast short guys out there. What makes someone successful as a roadracer? As far as physical differences, it seems that someone who is in outstanding physical condition without being heavy and "bulked up" could have an advantage. (Have to be strong and with endurance, but not a linebacker type. No?) Plenty of woman athletes fit that bill. Concentration? Endurance? Coordination? Competitiveness? Intelligence? (Reading an interview with Rossi and his team manager, these guys have a carefully thought out strategy.) Last I checked, none of these traits require testicles.

So, why don't we see 4-5 woman in the starting grid at every AMA race? Lots of reasons I'm sure but don't pretend to know. I'm convinced we'd all be better off if had more people involved in the sport.

The good news is, as I seem to remember reading, the number of woman participating in the sport is trending upwards. Maybe participation in racing just naturally lags a few years behind.
memery748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 08:15 AM   #23
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Jessica's website is: www.roadracinggirl.com

Better think the next time we tell someone they're riding like a girl. A Girl might walk up to you and offer to PROVE that YOU are not as fast as one! There is also a Woman that scored points in MOTOGP's 250 class last year, I'll bet She could SMOKE almost ALL of us!
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:44 AM   #26
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Why does he always assume that you've been censoring his articles? Certainly he must know by now that you have neither sole posting responsibility, nor the final say as to which articles are posted. I can't speak for anyone else, but when I see something of interest I put it in the articles considered for posting bin. Sometimes they get posted, sometimes they don't. I just foolishly assumed that some werenÂ’t considered to be interesting. Thank god Kook has the insight to point out the vast censorship conspiracy at MO so now I can gain some solace in the knowledge that all of my submissions were indeed interesting. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 12:02 PM   #27
dylanmo
Founding Member

"Congrads", BMW. The manner in which submissions are greenlighted has been explained to KP before, as if he were six years old.

Probably, we should shoot for a younger age.
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 01:56 PM   #29
seruzawa
The Toad

Jeez. What the heck are you guys doing here when the anatomically correct Serena Williams is on the tube playing tennis? What the heck am I doing here?
Old 01-16-2005, 02:40 PM   #30
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Serena Williams eh? She certainly is a babe. You must be in pretty good shape for one of us old guys. I'd have to eat a seriously large bowl of Wheaties, and take a vitamin supplement prior to even think about tackling something like that. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote