Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 02-06-2004, 04:27 AM   #51
seruzawa
The Toad

Default It doesn't work anyhow.

Add to this the fact that the federal bureaucrat salaries and perks eat up most of the tax money and little actually is used for the purpose for which it's collected. For example the cost to society of runnning the IRS is equal to the amount of money it brings in. If we assessed a flat tax that's targetted to bring in half the money the current code does we would break even. Plus the criminal personalities that use the IRs's power to ruin people's lives would have to get real jobs.

In order to create one govt job you basically destroy 2 private sector jobs. This is why relying on govt to "create jobs" is a destructive downward spiral.

Of the $Billion$ for education virtually none of it actually gets into the classroom. Most is sucked up by bureaucrats who on the average receive much greater salaries than comparable private sector jobs get.

The saddest thing of all this is that govt never fixes the problems anyhow. Agencies act to make the problems worse in order to ensure their own expansion. Relying on govt to solve inequities and such is a fool's errand.

You only need to visit the inner cities to see the cultural destruction that publicly funded "benevolence" has wrought.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2004, 06:22 AM   #52
scfrank
Founding Member

Default Re: Opinions on Spiegler Superbike handlebar kits?

So why is it that you are on this forum ?

You only ride 25 miles at a time ?

scfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 06:25 AM   #53
scfrank
Founding Member

Cruisers suck, they are slow and grind parts when cornering. I ride for the performance even though I am not a racer, I enjoy a sport bike on the street. Cruisers don't do it for me.
scfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 07:39 AM   #54
tumbler
Founding Member

Yea, but after about an hour, even on the highway with the wind keeping weight off of my wrists, I get pretty uncomfortable. I'm also realizing my antics on my sportbike could get me in big trouble sometime.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 09:09 AM   #55
James_Brown
Registered Member

Default Re: It shows a pattern

Please do not purport to speak for "the Founders". Your characterization of that group's views on "liberty" and the "common good" applies to some, but definitely not the lot. Furthermore, in some cases, it applies only to their words and not to how they actually lived their lives. It is perhaps specious to claim a definitive knowledge of these individuals views.
James_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 11:03 AM   #56
KPaulCook
Banned

Well said Jeffson and Washington owned slaves.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 11:26 AM   #57
KPaulCook
Banned

Correction: should read Jefferson and Washintona owned slaves.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:18 PM   #58
pplassm
Founding Member

You obviously know nothing about the NG or Reserves. What _are_ your military credentials, Mr. Cook?

Old 02-07-2004, 08:40 PM   #59
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Read these thinks sir and then tell me why Bush is not a deserter.

http://www.awolbush.com/

http://www.ericblumrich.com/topgun.html

Old 02-07-2004, 08:48 PM   #60
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Fox News is giving Bush a pass on AWOL and deserter questions.

Dear Fox news

Fox is giving Bush a pass on this AWOL and desertion thing. Every time a guest brings it up Fox reporters quickly move off the subject. If you look at gaps in time and facts about his lack of service with the Alabama Air National Guard something is wrong. Some of the Internet sites have researched this thing and it is clear Bush is guilty at best of AWOL at worst desertion i.e. Michael Moore was technically right. If the average Joe did what Bush did he would be in prison. What Bush did cannot be favorably compared to Clinton. Clinton was openly against the war Bush on the other hand was for the war but wanted the poor and less privileged to fight it. A much less honarable stance. I voted for Bush the first time but I won't because of the budget deficit, WMD, and his military record. Fool me once ....Fool me twice..

AWOLBush.com

Bush Top Gun video