Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Kawasaki News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/kawasaki-news/)
-   -   Vulcan 2000 Teaser (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/kawasaki-news/2285-vulcan-2000-teaser.html)

Abe_Froman 01-12-2004 02:01 PM

Re: Vulcan 2000 Teaser

Going slow is fun?!?!? When did this s*** start!?!? I never noticed anything fun about it.....

To quote Ewan McGregor in the MotoGP documentary "Faster" trailer:

"How do they do it? Why do they do it? Always riding, and crashing, and riding, and winning, and always faster, and faster, and faster....."

Of course I don't expect to live out my golden years with that philosophy but hey, going out in a blaze of fiery glory has its advantages too. I intend to make the news with my passing. Unless I get married first.

anrajala 01-12-2004 02:07 PM

What rubbish. Torque is that when you cruise at 1800 RPM, you twist the throttle and almost snap your girlfriend's neck.

Torque is not, like some uninformed would like you to believe (I did not mention any names, Michael), that when you have 155hp at rear wheel at 7,400 RPM, off you buzz.

- cruiz-euro

Abe_Froman 01-12-2004 02:11 PM

Re: You got it....

And she'll quickly go from that to prefering the guy who has room to haul the kids and grandma around along with a cell phone so she can tell him what to pick up from the grocery store on the way home so perhaps this isn't the best analogy. LOL

Buzglyd 01-12-2004 02:12 PM

Well I'm almost 40 and I have a 6 year old son to think about so going slow is nearly always a better option.

My throttle cable on my Ducati does get stretched every now and then.

Abe_Froman 01-12-2004 02:16 PM

Re: The truth uncovered

No we didn't get the truth from Bush. However, this crap is straight from the mouth of the DNC and if you think you'll get the truth from them you've got another thing coming----and it's what the Soviet Union got rid of a few years back.

You want the truth vote libertarian or constitutionalist.

wrecks 01-12-2004 02:37 PM

You made my point for me... "at the same road speeds will be turning different rpms."

Wouldn't it be more comfortable doing 100mph @ 3500RPM instead of 8000? Easier on the machinery too.

wrecks 01-12-2004 02:42 PM

Re: The truth uncovered

Vote John Galt

sqidbait 01-12-2004 02:51 PM

I thought we were talking about performance, not comfort.

Would you rather make 400lbft at the back wheel @ 50 mph, or 600?

-- Michael

brickl 01-12-2004 02:59 PM

Re: Is Motorcycle Online going to change its name to Cruiser Online?

LOL!

sqidbait 01-12-2004 03:02 PM

WTF, over? Ya lost me in that second para.

Torque is force. Acceleration of a bike follows the torque curve.

Horsepower is the ability to do work over time.

If a bike is operating at the HP peak, this means that *for that speed* the bike is putting the most torque to the wheel/thrust to the road that it possibly can. In an ideal world, we'd have CVTs, and under hard acceleration the engine would always be reving at the power peak...

-- Michael