Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 01-12-2004, 05:10 AM   #101
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: End of

"We can safely conclude H-D has no choice but to come up with something big. "

Really? 200,000 H-D customers per year would disagree with you. I heard this same argument when the VTX came out.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2004, 05:42 AM   #102
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Yes you are right

289 is what I should of said.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 05:51 AM   #103
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: Vulcan 2000 Teaser

With 9 days left on my subscription, this ain't no way to get me to renew.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 06:13 AM   #104
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Yes you are right

289 is what he should of said. My cousin had one.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:03 AM   #105
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Whatever

Buttock.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:07 AM   #106
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: Is Motorcycle Online going to change its name to Cruiser Online?

My brother has Aspberger's syndrome so I'm quite familiar with this phenomena, and I think I qualified my statements by saying that they were my opinions....which of course implies that I am aware of the existence of other opinions that I don't share.

All I'm saying is that (IMO) it's more interesting to read about a contest between parties when there's a clearly definable winner (the combination of a number of factors [weight, power, suspension performance, etc...] being combined to produce a single hard number: lowest lap time.)

There shouldn't be much argument on the statement that the latest sportbikes are technologically more advanced than any cruiser by any manufacturer, and in fact the latest sportbikes represent the latest advancements in motorcycle technology. Why review a Pentium 2 when the Athlon 64 is 1000 times faster?

The winner of a motorcycle race isn't determined by a panel of judges, it's determined by whoever crosses the finish line first.

Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 07:22 AM   #107
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Is Motorcycle Online going to change its name to Cruiser Online?

Gotcha.

When it comes down to it, all motorcycles are purchased for subjective reasons. Sure, choppers aren't very functional, though since I've built my own in the past I know they can be built to perform safely on the street. Still the people buy them more for aesthetic reasons. Aesthetic to them at least. And there's no denying a lot of creativity does occur on that front.

There is the fact, undeniably, that the best performer for race purposes is the fastest bike around the track. It is also more and more likely that these bikes will become nearly as unsuitable for street as radical choppers if they continue down the road of reducing flywheel effect and abrupt two-strokelike powerbands. The seating positions, fatigue and visibility issues make these bikes poor street choices, IMHO.

MO does a pretty good job of covering different bikes for a diverse and cantankerous group. But it appears to me that the real revolution is in naked street bikes. We've gone from only a couple of choices a few years ago to a plethora of naked offerings, many that perform nearly as well as racereplicas without the daily usability and touring issues.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:57 AM   #108
dsouthard
Founding Member

<blockquote>
KPaul can imagine it. He likes to go down on everyone.
</blockquote>

Wow, how very mature -- Is your gig writing for MO part of a fifth grade extra credit project, or are you working thru some issues?

Perhaps you should have just said he had cooties.
dsouthard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 08:04 AM   #109
electraglider_1997
Founding Member

This rag reaks. They are more concerned with making sure there is something new to read everyday then content and quality. Then you have some of the MO writers actually saying nasty things about readers they must not care for. When my membership expires that will be it for me.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 08:58 AM   #110
KPaulCook
Banned

Default The truth uncovered

The truth uncovered