Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 12-02-2003, 04:07 PM   #11
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Kaw ZX-10 Specs

If this thing goes as good as it sounds like it will I may have to reconsider my I'm too old to stand on my hands all day theory, dump the ZRX (which I love), a bunch of weight and let the Good Times roll Baby!
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2003, 08:07 PM   #12
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Will be raced...

If they thought it sucks why race it in a class designed to most closely test what a lightly modified bike can do against it's peers? Sounds to me like Kawasaki thinks their "Production" bike is better than the rest. They've also expressed dissatisfaction with the current Superbike rules structure. Hope you don't think Mat's or Aaron's bikes more than vaguely resemble what you see on the street or will be riding (in the under 100K catagory).
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 02:23 AM   #13
Slaphappy
Founding Member

And read what I wrote: Attack Kawasaki will be racing the ZX10R in AMA Superbike.

Under the AMA rules, you can't race in Superbike and Superstock at the same time. By using both teams (Attack and Factory), the ZX10R will be racing in both series.
Old 12-03-2003, 03:41 AM   #14
sarnali
Founding Member

My bad,

Hasn't Honda been on that pedestal long enough?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 03:55 AM   #15
boru4761
Registered Member

Ooh, shiny... Lets face it. Who cares that Kawi waited? Does it really make a difference who has the longer wheelbase or the lightest curb weight at this point? NO! Because we all know the manufacturer's data is horse*****. When the comparos start showing up with some real world feedback and some dyno numbers then maybe the new Kawi will give us something to get excited about.
boru4761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 05:19 AM   #16
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

Default Awesome duuude!!!!

Do the after market manufacturers have to use special chrome on the rear swing arms to accomodate the extra ponies this bike so sorely needed?

Seriously though, why do the manufacturers jerk the bike buying public around like this? adding a horsepower here, subtracting half a kilo there. Everyone knows that if they wanted to they could release a 4 cylinder, 200hp litre class bike tomorrow.

I say just get it over with and then sit back and let various governments slap on hp restrictions.
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 05:29 AM   #17
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Attack is not a factory team- it's no different than Graves Yamaha or Erion Honda, so no, Kawasaki is not racing factory-backed riders in both series.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:56 AM   #18
nweaver
Founding Member

Default Honda has always had pedestal syndrome...

The CBR-600RR got the pedestal treament last year, and I think the Rune got it last year AND this year.

Compare with Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Suzuki who had all their hot new bikes in several copies available for sittin.

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 05:57 AM   #19
nweaver
Founding Member

Default BS...

GP racebikes may approach/exceed 200hp, but these are $100-250k a bike machines, many which need an engine rebuild after every race.

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 08:35 AM   #20
Slaphappy
Founding Member

...and they can't. No team is allowed to race in both Superbike and Superstock at the same time per AMA rules for 2004.