Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 11-17-2003, 07:06 AM   #41
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Another sign WSB is irrelevant?

Xaus joins Hodgson in Ducati GP team
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2003, 07:10 AM   #42
bradzrx
Founding Member

Default Re: EBoz No Longer Green

As Eboz fan and proud kawasaki owner I am like many others, very dissapointed. I love my green ZRX 1200, but I will never stop cheering for Eboz.
bradzrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 07:35 AM   #43
kruvi
Founding Member

With all the respect to Eboz and the ZX7: The problem is not with the bike.. we all know that Kawa could easily use the new ZX10.

The thing is much deeper - All Japanese firms are dropping their hands from the WSBK and decreasing their appreance at the AMA-SBk.
This, because of the rising importance of the MOTOGP category from one hand and the Super Sport category (600 cc) from the other.

More money in those fields means more money at their pockets from selling "ZX6RR-super-sport-look-a-like" bikes and more money from "GP-look-a-like" bikes.

Old 11-17-2003, 09:48 AM   #44
ewok1
Founding Member

i hate it. i think it may have to do with the new superbike rules. months ago kawasaki *****ed about not it. now this. i won't sell my zx7r, but i won't be buying a zx10. kawasaki made a huge mistake that had to be driven by a decision that they could not compete at superbike with the 10. the decision is easy if that is what they think. it would be disaster to campaign a new design with a proven rider and do worse in the standings. so that's what i conclude. the zx10 has something about it that makes it work poorly with this years rules.

now i am going to start looking for a bright green ducati i guess.

ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 11:55 AM   #45
ewok1
Founding Member

good point. you might have hit the nail on the head. kawasaki sucks at motogp but they did say they had to double their unlimited budget to be that slow. so i am guessing they trhink the zx10 will sell on the strength of the motogp effort but if you look closely the zx10 has more motogp inspired engineering than the new honda cbr. maybe its not crazy.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 12:33 PM   #46
Woody650
Founding Member

I'm not sure I entirely understand focusing all this energy into MotoGP. Isn't the US the biggest sportbike market in the world? How many Americans follow MotoGP vs. AMA SBK? There isn't even a MotoGP round in the US at this time.

Also, the whole appeal of Superbike racing is that one can buy the race bike platform at the local dealer. GP bikes are prototypes, so success in GP provides a weaker link to showrooms.

Can Kawi even win in GP next year? A podium would be a marked improvment over their top finish last year.

Is Kawi competing in BSB with a factory team?

I'm disappointed too....EBoz was so skilled with the old 7R I thought he'd be a terror on the 10R.
Woody650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 09:47 AM   #47
zx-6r_maniac
Founding Member

Isnt it all about getting a GP ride? Kawi had their chance to give it to him. How sad is it that sponsorship money is the cause for the break up with their best rider ever? Hey kawi, how about showing some f'in loyalty? The report on soup is that Kawi will spend less letting another rider take their GP ride because they already have sponsors. They're gonna suck anyway with that cheesy excuse for a GP bike...Why bother? Can E-Boz get a Ducati GP ride later on? I'd put money on it
zx-6r_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote