Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 08-28-2003, 03:56 AM   #21
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default Re: 2053 cc Vulcan Cruiser pictures, too!

Pfff... Been there. Done that.

A great many men (men?) will rush out to get the newest and largest peanis (excuse me I mean big twin) they can get in hopes that all the honeyÂ’s will flash them their breasts and all the men will bow down before them. Sorry, boys, it ainÂ’t gonna happen. Just ask the former VTX owners.

Harley-Davidson should be very proud if imitation is indeed the sincerest form of flattery. First the VTX now this. CanÂ’t anybody but Triumph and H-D come up with a unique cruiser line?

TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2003, 06:00 AM   #22
ikonoklass
Founding Member

Default Re: ZX-10R Embargo Off

I wondered how Japan would respond to Triumph's Rocket III... Will there be no end to it? Will Honda now weigh in with a 3000cc Rocket Killer?
Old 08-28-2003, 06:23 AM   #23
caseyheilman
Founding Member

Default No thanks.

Great. Another bike made for the 2% of riders who can actually "use it to it's limits". All the other riders are just kidding themselves. And almost all the beginners (less than 3 years of hard riding) who get on one will just end up statistics.

I'm wondering if Kawi learned how to make a super fast piece of junk like Suzuki did with the GSXR1K. Everybody knows that that bike was made to be written off in a 150+ crash.

I'm sure the motojournos who ride a brand new one for 6 hours at a track will be in pure heaven. But how does it work in the REAL WORLD! Will it ever see 25000 miles?? Doubt it.

If we keep buying these things and wrecking them, soon motorcycles will have government limits on them. Our government will not allow us to continue to regulate ourselves.

Does anyone remember when you just rode a bike for fun?
caseyheilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 06:24 AM   #24
nweaver
Founding Member

Default Not the SV1000

Bike hates the suspension on it.

However, the Speed 4, speed tripple, tuono, all get you the top tier suspension and handling.

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 07:20 AM   #25
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

"circa 1980's style exhaust" "ridiculous"? Try at least circa 1890's. I believe that the reason for the side exhaust being predominant on motorcycles is it's the best overall compromise. Both the exhaust onto the rear tire and into the riders face failed for various reasons. Hate to say it (not really) but be looking for "old style" exhausts as long as motorcycles are powered by internal combustion (heat and poisonous gas producing) engines.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 08:38 AM   #26
KPaulCook
Banned

Default If a sport bike came out that was .... it would sell like hot cakes

I think you nailed it when you said "What would really be interesting is to compare how long owners of VFR's kept their bikes compared to 954's and 600RR's and what kind of bikes the repli-racer guy's bought next or if they did.....:" When I bought my bike my mindset was I have to buy a repli-racer. However, now I still want performance but the comfront of a VFR or my 01 Ninja (which has similar ergos to the VFR). I still maintain that if a Honda, Yamaha etc built a liter bike with adjustable pegs, bars, and seat it would sell big time. But perhaps they don't want to make a bike that would take sales from other models in their own line.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 09:22 AM   #27
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Not the SV1000

Good point I think sportsrider had the same complaints on the bike
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 11:04 AM   #28
zx-6r_maniac
Founding Member

the embargo is still on on thee z750...what a bunch of idiots...jury still out on the zx-10 til the the dyno results are in.
zx-6r_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 11:58 AM   #29
ewok1
Founding Member

Default Re: Not the SV1000

i could probably agree with you on the sv1000 because i was underwhelmed by the early 650 suspension. but the magazine guys never mention that a good suspension tuner can make a huge difference for about 600 bucks.

as for the speed 3, i agree on the components, but i thought it was really slow handling. i am much happier with the sprint rs.

i wouldn't mind hearing from a mere mortal on the tuono. so far i know what the magazine writers think. but i don't know anyone who has one.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 01:48 PM   #30
dan140
Registered Member

True! Why can't the japs manage to put some style on their bikes?? Hire a bloody italian to do the design, if that's what it takes!! Just look at Ducati and the new Aprilia...Nothing but sweet lines!
dan140 is offline   Reply With Quote