Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 08-27-2003, 12:41 PM   #11
waepoint
Founding Member

Default Re: ZX-10R Embargo Off

This bike makes my pants tight. Unfortunately, it's not because my wallet's fat. So many bikes, so little money.

I love the new Kawi styling. And while I can understand how some people may not dig on it (although you are clearly all fools), I don't get the whole "all sportbikes look the same" comments. To my eyes, the front end (espesh the ram air) and raised rear cowl are very distinctive, and make a nice stylistic continuity across the Kawi line.
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2003, 01:00 PM   #12
lostdog
Founding Member

Default 2053 cc Vulcan Cruiser pictures, too!

Motorcycle Cruiser has photos of Kawi's new BIG twin. How does 2053cc and pushrods sound? Next year is shaping up to be one of the best in recent memory...

www.motorcyclecruiser.com
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 01:49 PM   #13
john
Founding Member

Thats not true.

Get a Tuono, Speed Triple, SV1000, Monster, Z1000, Fazer

If you need a fairing, most of the above come with half fairings. Why you would i dont know, like KPaul said, most fairings are only useful when you are in a tuck anyways. Not even much for the weather.

Not a problem since 99% of the riders are scared to ride in the rain, anyways.
Old 08-27-2003, 02:58 PM   #14
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Ridiculous, unless of course you prefer to have your ass at room temp instead of par broiled on your ride home.
Old 08-27-2003, 03:48 PM   #15
KPaulCook
Banned

Heard from a guy who has a new CBR600RR that it has that problem specially in traffic. Of course could be a benefit in the winter rain of Seattle
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 04:18 PM   #16
Rabs999
Founding Member

Motorcyclenews in the UK have a bit of commentary about the ZX10R on their site, they claim their intel says it's 160bhp at the crank and 165kg's dry. Kawasaki have apparently focussed on power to weight or so say MCN...Anyhow if the hp and kg figs are correct it'll be plenty fast!

have a gander at the article: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/d...cumentID=17913
Rabs999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 06:38 PM   #17
drthompson65
Founding Member

Damn, wish it had an undertail exhaust.
2004 Ducati 999 Mono Yellow (Wrecked May 06)
2006 Ducati 999S Mono Black (Replaced Wife June 06)

1972-2000 A collection of mini, dirt, and road bikes to vast too list..
drthompson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 07:53 PM   #18
KPaulCook
Banned

You make a good point. Here in Seattle a fairing is useful. You have to learn how to ride in the rain otherwise you won't ride your bike much, current summer excepted. But you are right there are some good naked bikes out there with more relaxed positions yet have some good components and engines. I guess the Poser in me likes having a bike that looks the part, i.e. a sport bike. But Monsters and the Z1000 look cool and the SV is sharp. So maybe my next bike will be one of these.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 09:20 PM   #19
itsings
Founding Member

Default comfort/fairing...

First let me say I think the bike looks sweet, if you go check out the pics on sportrider.com you can get a really good sence of their design. I think they did a good job style wise it is unique and very sporty.

Just wanted to say I can understand and relate to the comfort complaints, And in the past I have often thought how silly it is that a bike destined for the street should be so "comitted" to the track. But if you think about it with the current and future racing rule changes this bike and the other liter sized supersports are actually destined for the track, and just happen to be marketed to be ridden on the street to, almost an afterthought I think LOL! Slowly but surely, and exponentially when the R1 debuted motorcycle manufactuer sales are actually pushing them towards this end of the sportbike design spectrum.

So many of us refer to older sportbikes or mabye newer VFR's as more rational and comfortable streetbikes ( myself included ). But the fact is that the VFR doesn't count for a higher percentage of sales compared to 954's or 600RR's. Sure the VFR is a better overall streetbike than any CBR, but I seriously doubt there has ever been a model of VFR that outsold a CBR... and other manufactuer's experiance the same kind of sales catagorization and specialization growth.

So, if that's where the sales are comming from we really can't blame them for designing the bikes with such a hardcore edge to them...?

What would really be interesting is to compare how long owners of VFR's kept their bikes compared to 954's and 600RR's and what kind of bikes the repli-racer guy's bought next or if they did.....
itsings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 03:17 AM   #20
grubz916
Registered Member

I dunno. I happen to like the exhaust coming off the side. Reminds me of side-piped vettes & mustangs. Its also cheaper and easier to route around the shock.