Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Kawasaki News

Old 07-24-2003, 10:09 AM   #21
brickl
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki ZX-10R Spy Photos from Europe

Better yet, find the person responsible for "designing" enough flex into the R1 swingarm to allow lateral movement during aggressive corner exits w/ street tires, a stock motor - and get this - running at 5200 feet of elevation! I'll buy him a track day or 30.

If I can make the R1s swingarm flex at 5200 feet, on the track, w/ Dumlump 208 ZR's and no engine mods, the swingarm is too frickin weak. The ZX10R swingarm looks like it'll be too weak, too, but we'll see, I suppose. I mean, for the love of Pete, there are sex toys that look sturdier than that...
brickl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2003, 11:30 AM   #22
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

It looks way too much like the 6R.

The swingarm doesn't look sexy.

This stuff really matters in a literbike. They all perform spectacularly, so looking uber cool is an important selling feature. If I had the dosh for a new literbike right now, I'd buy an R1. It is a better bike than I am a rider and it looks fantastic.

So, i'm hoping the Kawi comes out with much better looks than are obvious in the pics. They should have learned something from the ZX12 v Busa debacle. It was wild looks vs OK looks as much as it was 5mph at terminal velocity.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 04:50 PM   #23
kurtdesign
Founding Member

Default Your correct on the data collection device and sensors

Correct on the sensors and data collection.
kurtdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 08:44 PM   #24
Benji155
Founding Member

This bike looks remarkably similar to the all-conquering Honda Ruckus believe or not. I just hope that Kawasaki will eventually grow up and start making bikes with some originality in the styling department. All seriousness aside, I still haven't quite come to terms with the front end on the 6R, 10R, and Z1000. I think all these bikes look great everywhere else, just wish they weren't quite so bug-like in the face.
Benji155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 04:17 AM   #25
SmokeU
Registered Member

Very true....about the sex toys that is. I do get what you are saying, let's hope it isn't as weak as it looks.